Thursday, January 1, 2009

Liberation

"There exists a mystic Power that is able to transform your life so thoroughly, so radically, so completely, that when the
process is completed your own friends would hardly recognize you, and , in fact, you would scarcely be able to recognize yourself.

It can lift you out of an invalid's bed, and free you to go out into the world to shape your life as you will. It can throw open the prison door and liberate the captive.

The Power can do for you that which is probably the most important thing of all in your present stage: it can find your true place in life for you, and put you into it.

This Power is really no less than the primal Power of Being, and to discover that Power is the divine birthright of all men."

....the kingdom of God is within you (Luke 17:21)

from Around the Year with Emmet Fox...January 1

I am so grateful that AA has allowed me to find that Power and to begin my spiritual journey. Without AA none of this would be possible. My New Year's Eve was very nice. I began my day with a meeting. Went to work and got out early.....due to ANOTHER snow storm here in New England. Watched An Officer and a Gentleman...and contemplated how I am still waiting to be carried out of my paper bag factory. Took a long winter's nap. Spent some time online with blogdom, facebook and my online group. Went to a lovely dinner with my husband..early bird special, around the corner and no waiting or chaos. Came home, spent more time with my online buddies and then watched Tropic Thunder with my husband. Good movie....hysterical actually. Then prayer and meditation as we welcomed in 2009. A kiss for husband, called and texted my children and happily off to bed. Started today with a meeting, then prayer and meditation, checking in with you all and soon brunch with my husband and son. Then off to an open house with my stepsisters. Maybe hit a meeting tonight at a group looking for support. I can't think of anything better than this. It's freezing here...hope to have a fire going most of the day. I am blessed to have tomorrow off as well so I can enjoy a peaceful day today and then launch into the financial aid applications for colleges for now BOTH of my children, Life 101 stuff.

I wish you all the blessings and peace of the New Year....

8 comments:

Scott W said...

Sending best wishes for a sober and grateful 2009!

Unknown said...

OH dear Kathy Lynne we need to meet for coffee and a meeting. We are so on the same wavelength. Happy New Year, it sounds like you had a great day!

Hugs,
G

Judith said...

I think the title of your post is just perfect. It captures how sobriety makes me feel -- a little more free every day. It's like life is mine for the taking and enjoying rather than it running me into the ground.

Happy, happy new year, Kathy. Thank you for being here. You've been an inspiration and a terrific blog friend. I wish you a terrific 2009.

One Prayer Girl said...

Sounds like a wonderful New Year's Eve and New Year's Day......full of blessings and good things.

Happy New Year to you,
Prayer Girl

J-Online said...

Stopping by to wish you a safe, happy, healthy and sober 2009. I'm blessed to have met you this past year. Jenn

Shadow said...

well that sounds just right! life 101, i like that!

Syd said...

A fire on a freezing day. That sounds great. Have a happy New Year.

Michael said...

I think ive drifted way off program in 2008 its only over christmas ive realised this, you kathy sound so peaceful im getting there now gradually, sometimes when u r in the working routine you lose your connection thats whats happened to me, the reason ive been iratable and big headed, im gonna read your blog everyday now kathy