Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Letter B

Remember these??

I told Prayer Girl I would play this letter game....and woke up this morning thinking of the letter B so I better get it out of my system here. The rules of the game are simple. You are assigned a random letter and you should then post 10 things that you love that begin with that letter. If you read this and want to play, leave a comment that says so, and I'll assign you a random letter. And on and on it goes.

B is for Bill...my husband. A good guy. He has put up with a lot over the years and still sticks around. Why? I have no idea. What I do know is that I love him. In sobriety, I am learning to accept that love changes over the years...so while I don't quite jump his bones anymore..sitting by a fire reading is just as good.

B is for Bill W...an icon. So grateful that this individual along with the help of his fellows created this program of recovery and shared it with the world and then me.

B is for BIG...everything is so Big to me now. In early sobriety..I used to get overwhelmed with the bigness of it all..now I am simply grateful to play a small, miniscule part in the bigness of life.

B is for Babies...I love babies. Truth be told, I cannot wait to be a Grandma. But don't tell..I don't want to rush my children and will be satisfied with glimpses of children on the street or in a mother's arms. Always make me smile.

B is for Beauty...it is all around us and i am so grateful that my eyes are open.

B is for Beatitudes...another simple program for living. In March I will be going to a seminar up in Vermont at The Wilson House on Emmett Fox's Sermon on the Mount. That was one of the first..religious...books I've read and his explanations made sense to me.

B is for Bikini....I will never get in one again...actually the last time I wore a bikini I was in 6th grade...and I don't long for those days.

B is for Bungee Jumping..I have not done this but I would like to...yes I would.

B is for Big Book....a book that has changed my life..a book that is different every time you read it..a book that never grows tiring..a book to share.

B is for Baptist...my daughter will be doing an alternative spring break and will be staying in Kentucky in a Baptist church. She told me yesterday they are going to have to go to services! She's appalled. (smile) I told her to just remain open and respectful...she'll be fine. God works in mysterious ways.

I'm sorry for the bikini one. It's lame. I'm been thinking and thinking of what to replace it with and can't come up with anything so I guess its supposed to be there.

Have a great day everyone!

10 comments:

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

cool. the bikini one was not lame at all :)

Banana Girl said...

B is for Beautiful: You Are! J.

Shadow said...

don't be sorry about the bikini. you have me laughing out loud!!!!

Fireman John said...

very creative, cute & complete.
i just moved up 1 letter

Judith said...

No bungee jumping in bikinis.

I love Sesame Street, especially Kermit! We watched the new Muppets Christmas special this year and all loved it, even the jaded teen boy. B is for "Beaker," Dr. Melonhead's assistant!

I'll play! I need something silly to blog about.

Judith said...

No bungee jumping in bikinis.

I love Sesame Street, especially Kermit! We watched the new Muppets Christmas special this year and all loved it, even the jaded teen boy. B is for "Beaker," Dr. Melonhead's assistant!

I'll play! I need something silly to blog about.

Pammie said...

Bikini is not lame. Bikini wearers now that's a different subject.
YES GIVE ME A LETTER, I NEED SOME LIGHT HEARTED STUFF!

Unknown said...

B is for bodacious, which you are and this post is beautiful incarnate...what a way with letters you have, the bikini comment was great and didn't feelout of context at all...

Syd said...

I liked the bikini one. I liked your humor with that. And thanks for all the other B's.

RipGurl said...

Thank you Kathy for a lighthearted, fun loving blog. B is for blogging without guilt. Thank you for your kind words on my post,as I started to over analyze my "journaling." I guess I started to take myself too seriously. Thank you for bringing me back down to Earth. It is posts like yours that keeps me coming back for more.

Blessings,
Chris