Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Celebrating This Moment..

In my online group, someone asked the question, what was the most significant event of your sobriety in the last year? We all came up with answers, for me it was when I did my fifth step with my sponser back in February. It all seemed to change then, come into focus. I am about to embark on another fourth step this time with a Big Book Step Study Sponser and I am looking forward to this journey as one that will help me to sponser others. But actually, I bring this up because one woman who is new to the group and new to attempting sobriety answered that since that is the case, the moment of her answer was the most significant moment. This moment. That was a very nice wake up call for me. If I can make each moment the most significant moment of my life, then imagine how significant my life can be. So I choose this moment. Right now to wish my friends here in blogland peace and blessings for the New Year. May each moment of your life be significant. And sober. xo

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kathy Lynne how can I ever say thank you for your blog, it has meant so much to me and your words, your honesty and your love just shines through and I am grateful you're here. Here's to another Sober and Sane New Year!!!

Hugs,
G

Judith said...

Great way to look at it. It's kind of like how my son looks at the glass half empty/half full dilemma and pronounces the glass completely full -- half full of water and half full of air.

Everything can change with the proper shift of perspective.

Shadow said...

a sober, happy and healthy year to you, dear kathy lynne!