Saturday, January 17, 2009

Good Night Bush

My daughter gave me this wonderful funny book along with an Obama action figure for Christmas. Thought I would share in honor of this week end's inauguration events. Such a momentous occassion...its hard to believe that even the rightest of the right....or the wrongest of the wrong cannot feel the power in this moment. The power of change..the power of the people...the power of history..the march of history. Obama was asked recently if he did not think it remarkable that he would soon be taking the oath of office and living in buildings built on the backs of slaves...he said he found it remarkable that considering our climate just 50 years ago he would be taking the oath of office. I am proud of our country. If nothing else, I hope his presidency can bring some healing to our country and set an example for the world.

2 comments:

molly said...

i'm VERY excited about inauguration day.

RipGurl said...

Thanks for this posting. I am watching everything I can get my eyes on prior to the inauguration. In fact, I am doing my formal observation for teaching on inauguration day.

I can't wait to go find this book!