Friday, January 16, 2009

The Interview

good Golly Miss Molly! Great Questions.

You can change careers tomorrow and are guaranteed it will give you the right amount of money to keep you at your current lifestyle. It can be any job you want – what do you choose? Well, I've gone through several career change thoughts in sobriety this last year and a half. First, like all good recovering alcoholics on the pink cloud, I wanted to go into substance abuse counseling. Then, I've been toying around with the idea of graphic design. The newsletters and now a print ad that I've worked on in my current job are actually more interesting and fun to me than the legal part of my job. I've always wanted to work with children. I'd love to work in a daycare.

But I think if I could really do anything, I'd want to open a sober living facility.


Three people who have affected you the most are: My Dad who in his death I have realized how much his opinion mattered to me and how much I learned from him. In life, I'm afraid I wasn't too appreciative..but then I was also affected negatively by him, beatings, sarcasm, cynicism. His coming to believe on his deathbed however, was probably one of the most significant moments of my life. As was that entire last week. Father Thomas Keating, whose writings and videos on Centering Prayer has affected my spiritual journey deeply. Meeting him in person and hearing him speak has been a highlight of my sobriety. Looking forward to doing it again. My husband...we share a life that changes all the time from 1982 when we started dating to today. He's trying to figure out what to make of me right now. But I will always hold close to my heart the moments our children were born. And his patience and acceptance and support has allowed me to grow.

Choose one existing book or movie title that defines your life: Open Mind, Open Heart

If you could magically change one thing about your physical appearance, it would be: I'd weigh 120 lbs and have Linda Hamilton arms

If you were stranded on a desert island, you would want these three people with you: Oh God! Well, yes, God. No...seriously.....probably my husband and 2 children but then, would I want them to be stranded too? So leaving them out.....Dr. Wayne Dyer...I'd love to learn more from him.....my friend Marianne...we call her mountain woman..she'd know what to do and I'd have a girlfriend...and then..a little eye candy...Sawyer from Lost.....


The Rules
• leave me a comment saying: interview me
• comments with e-mail addresses will not be published to preserve privacy
• i will e-mail you five questions. i get to pick the questions
• you can then answer the questions on your blog
• you should also post these rules along with an offer to interview anyone else who e-mails you wanting to be interviewed
• anyone who asks to be interviewed should be sent 5 questions to answer on their blog
• it would be nice if the questions were individualized for each blogger

Happy to send you questions if you haven't done this yet. Let me know.

5 comments:

Shadow said...

this is one of the best tags going around. the questions. the answers. it was great reading yours.

steveroni said...

Kathy-Lynne, EXCELLENT-AY! Especially I loved the way you handled #5 about the desert island. Pure GENIUS!

(How come there are so many--you included--really SMART people on board here? I'm impressed with the AA-blogging world...and try to fit in.
But you guys are just AMAZING!)

Sincerely, Peace, and Love,
Steve E.

One Prayer Girl said...

I loved the answers you gave in your interview.

This question and answer game is lots of fun and really gives a great look-see into someone's life and personality.

molly said...

love it. fun game huh

Judith said...

Sawyer from Lost is a great stranded on an island choice. Woo hoo! I'd take Robert Downey in his Tony Stark in the desert mode. ;)

Have you watched the VH1 show Sober House? It just started this week as an offshoot of Celebrity Rehab. I think it is going to be a great show. A woman in my home group had a sober house for awhile. Her biggest problem was getting payment from some of her residents who also had a tendency to lie and take advantage. But I think she would have still kept it up if she could have found a way. I think we need more sober living options to show how possible and even preferable it can be to live outside of addiction.