Monday, January 5, 2009

Ambition to Meaning



I saw this movie yesterday and it was wonderful...I highly recommend this to all, no matter where you are in your journey. Not a documentary..a real film...I was very blessed to participate in a discussion afterwards which brought up a lot of issues for me to think about...in my own spiritual journey and how I share or not share that with my husband and children.

I was not a Wayne Dyer fan...did not know too much about him..just his real early stuff as a motivational speaker, Your Erroneous Zones, etc. so I suppose I practiced the contempt prior to investigation and approached this movie with a grain of salt but I am glad that the program of AA has taught me to remain open, honest and willing because otherwise I would have missed a wonderful experience and an opportunity to learn more. Even better, he's one of us and discusses his experience with putting down the drink 21 years ago...he doesn't mention AA and of course that would break annonymity but if you listen you certainly can hear the principles at work. Just a very thought provoking movie....so much to think about and to appreciate and Wayne Dyer is one of them.

4 comments:

Syd said...

Thanks for the recommendation.

Unknown said...

I am going tohave to find this as I do like Wayne Dyer and his books so this looks interesting too. Thanks for the heads up.

Shadow said...

the important thing, really, is to stay open. to new things, ideas, people, practices.

Michael said...

I used to love Wayne Dyer!
I remember reading "Youll See When You Believe It" in the mid nineties and really in a nutshell it changed my outlook of way the world works.
I too am going to have to find this movie