Thursday, January 8, 2009

You guys are AWESOME!

Thanks for all the supportive comments. It's in the agent's and adjuster's hands now and we all know it was always in God's. I warned them about her "stuff". They were supportive to me as well and appreciated the heads up. When I got home last night...and told my husband..his first reaction was to go into reprimand mode which triggered my FU mode. So anger did enter the picture..just sews you don't think I am this peaceful angelic person.....and as soon as I entered my kitchen I wanted to pour myself a...a....a....something. Thankfully there was a box of pepperoni pizza on the island and I grabbed 2 slices and a diet coke....and went to the computer. Corresponded with 2 friends in the program about the situation and dumped it all on my blog. My husband left reprimand mode and went into understanding mode and its all good. I shared at my morning meeting which happens to be at the same church. Not the gory details as I did here but the wanting a drink part and getting past it. About intentions...and accidents. And about how grateful I am that we have this program that helps us get through these situations and grow from them. About how annoying it is when those corny AA sayings that everyone throws at you to explain situations are so true like for me this morning...."you get what you need" and I did.

I put a prayer in the prayer box for that woman that she find peace and acceptance.

But frankly I hope I never see her again.

7 comments:

Judith said...

Oh how I despise reprimand mode. GRrrrrrrr.

I wish I could give you a hug. And kick that bitch in the shins for you. I am so glad what you've learned in the program helped you through such a horrible experience. I'm also glad you had a place to dump all your feelings about it without shame.

{{{{{Kathy}}}}}

Shadow said...

hey, hey, hey, glad you're feeling better. love you too!

Syd said...

I don't like being reprimanded like a child either. I would rather have an adult conversation. Anyway, glad that you ate pizza and had a diet coke. I had that last night! I'm still waiting on the adjuster and all the stuff from my accident. I'm patient though.

steveroni said...

A PRAYER FROM THE HEART:

"Dear God, I pray for her. Pray for her....AND GET HER THE FK OUT OF MY LIFE!!!!!" LOL

Banana Girl said...

KL, So glad you are better. I am glad you put the prayer in the box. Just look at what that woman helped you learn. Just remember, God may send her into your life again....and then what will you know? I hate this part too but have to be ready for it if He is really running my show. Love you and hate reprimand mode too. Although I must say that it has been largely eradicated by my 4th and 5th and 9th steps. Funny how that works. J

Unknown said...

Steves comment sums it up nicely indeed. I am sorry this all happened and hope that it all gets resolved. I am so glad that you are doing better! I used to attend Unity church in our town, but believe it or not, it was very political with the people and my husband and I got turned off, but much of my young adult life I spent in Unity churches. Thank you for your comment on my blog.

hugs,
G

Fireman John said...

remember one my favorite sayings;
"time wounds all heels"