Monday, January 12, 2009

Still Blessed....

I am a mush..as Pammie called me. Saturday night was wonderful. Really fun and a huge step for me. It was an honor to share my home with these women and the first time I have entertained a sober group. We had a lot of fun. And you know how I said..we'll probably get done early and I can hit the other party? In the back of my mind, I'm thinking, we're not drinking so everyone will want to leave shortly after the movie. Well, what I USED to think..no alcohol, no late nights. WRONG! We just were hanging out enjoying each other's company until just before midnight (well, we are older now). So I didn't get to the other party but that was not because of anything other than my gathering was such a success. My husband went and he had a nice time. Saw who needed to be seen.

Sunday was an awesome day as well. I declared a day of rest..it had snowed all night and it snowed all morning. Everything was pretty outside again. I was up early to go to church which was cancelled...so I caught up on my email and facebook. Sorry bloggers..did not get to you. I got my prayer sit in. We made a fire and I snuggled into my chair to read a wonderful book..The Middle Place by Kelly Corrigan. She's the woman whose video I posted last month. Or I think I did. Her book is great..she's got the family I always wanted. Anyway, I snuggled in and took a long winter's nap. Woke up at 2...watched some football with my husband, planned for a weekend in March..a group of us are going to the Bill Wilson House for a seminar on Sermon on the Mount. How awesome is that!, read some more and made dinner. Watched a little Golden Globes. I love to see what they are wearing. I loved Drew Barrymore's dress. And how about that Robert Downey, Jr. Judith??? That's about as far as I got. I was asleep by 9 pm.

My husband was great. He just let me be. He asked if I was going to rotate laundry. I said NOPE. It's a day of rest...I'd fold whatever he brought up but I wasn't going into the cold basement for nothing. He started to tick of the stuff he did....made breakfast, did the dishes, shoveled, took the ornaments of our tree, I'm pretty sure there's more but I was unaware of it. I was either sleeping or engrossed in my book. I'm grateful he let me be...he got his reading and football in and was in his jammies too for the day...well, except for the shoveling and he had our son to help with that...So...

The blessings of sobriety. A peaceful day. I better get back to work!!

5 comments:

One Prayer Girl said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful party and a glorious Sunday. Good for the body and mind.

There are so many wonderful things in sobriety. We are the blessed ones.

Molls said...

Nice weekend KL! And the snow is pretty, isn't it?

steveroni said...

So THAT'S why we have "sons". -grin. Do they come with the shovel, or do you have to buy that extra?

Shadow said...

just the way to spend a weekend. lovely!

Judith said...

I kind of had a feeling your party might spill over the movie viewing time. Isn't it great? We can have actual good conversations that aren't alcohol laden and enjoy sober company? Who knew?