Monday, September 29, 2008

Time

First of all, thank you for all the wonderful comments. Really helped...as did getting back into my prayer routine and adding some new stuff. I've been church shopping. Not looking for a fellowship because I have one but it would be nice to have a place to pray and hear scripture that's a bit nicer than my car or messy bedroom and I think I've found it. Only time will tell. Time. That is the answer to it all isn't it?

Can you believe it? And i know you can... The chapter we were on was The Family Aferward in my BB meeting on Sunday. I could identify with so much there although I have to agree that it is written in a time when men were the breadwinners and women were subservient but again certain things in the BB are an opportunity to practice prinicples before personalities. But one of things I struggle with is what someone shared last week when we read To the Wives. I want to hit my family over the head with the book and say, SEE! This is how you should be treating me. But the fact is my family is not there yet. My son is definately an example of treating me with "cordial hatred". How much of that is developmental and how much is due to his being raised by an alcoholic, I don't know. Not really important. Time. The stuff with my Husband, Time. Spriritual Path, Time. New job, Time. Everything in due course.

6 comments:

steveroni said...

On another blog, time was mentioned, and I recall commenting that maybe there is no such thing. I was not thinking then so much, but now. I really wonder? Well, since we created time, guess we gotta live with it! Or IN it!

Anyway, take it...as in "take your time."

molly said...

rome wasn't built in a day i've heard.

One Prayer Girl said...

You seem to "have it" as regards "time". Everything takes time. The more I accept that, the more I am able to experience serenity and peace of mind - both priceless commodities.

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

Yep patience.
Just keep doin the right things, and the right things will (eventually) happen.
just do the next right thing. bite your lip when you get the urge to win a 'furious power driven argument" (step 10 12x12)

your son probably has ample reason to be angry. we all do. ..if we think about it. but thats not the point. until we are 'sick and tired of being sick and tired' we 'hang onto our old ideas' and suffer unnecessarily.

my sponsees HATE what step 8 shows them. its SO punishing seeing how our heedlessness has permanently wounded others. it is hardly surprising that they do not look up to us and relationships are strained.
dont worry. it gets better. not in our time but gods time.

Molls said...

Right there with ya, KL. Hugs.

Syd said...

The family dynamics can be difficult. Cordial hatred is an interesting phase.