Sunday, September 7, 2008

In the tradition of MC, this is me on my vacation............
I went back to my Big Book meeting this morning. I'd dropped it for several reasons, first due to conflicts and then I thought, how nice to just get up on Sunday and NOT have something to do. But I found I missed finding myself in that book. I missed learning EXACTLY how its done and reading it for myself. I missed hearing others perspective on what we had read...so I went and it was just what I needed. AND we were on How it Works...Isn't it amazing how we can keep reading the same thing over and over and it still sounds fresh. I think its because we are self centered and we like to hear about ourselves and that's what the book is all about. So what I heard today and what I circled that had not previously been noted in my book:

1. We let go absolutely
2. Though he usually doesn't think so
3. Peace of Mind
4. Conscious of His Presence
5. Abandon Ourselves
6. An effect
7. Fact finding and fact facing
8. Free of Anger
9. Dubious luxery of other men
10 Kindly and tolerant
11. Trust
12. Let Him demonstrate through Us
13. Earnestly pray
14. Good Begininng.

5 comments:

Shadow said...

that sure looks enjoyable...

i understand your 'hearing it again'. one thinks one knows it all, but one just doesn't... something worthwhile and always pops up.

Anonymous said...

Ya know Kathy L, "How it Works" segment we all know so well, was read at my first AA meeting, and it was immediate "in love with AA" for me. I forgot that, but you called it to my mind, and I heard it--or read it-- at east once a day, for over 34 years, and still nottired from it.

That "immediate love affair" is maybe why I never drank since. Never thought about that before now. Thanks!

And I'm still marveling over your post yesterday re the teacher/student biz. Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kathy Lynne -

It's amazing - no matter how many times I read a passage in the BB, I never fail to find something new.

I think it may be because my perspective, attitudes, and interior health keeps improving so the meanings continue to change and deepen.

The other day, I went to a new BB meeting - they were reading one paragraph per meeting. I found myself underlining every sentence so I'm going to halt the underlining in that particular meeting.

Michael said...

i aint read my big book for ages maybe i need to read all the way through it once again.
AA meeting tonight though, feel so tired now dont know how im gonna make it till 10pm tonight!

Syd said...

It looks as if you are happy. I like BB studies too.