Monday, September 15, 2008

Gratitude


I am grateful


-that my friends in Houston are okay


-that my son's soccer team finally had a win Friday


-that my daughter talks openly to me


-that several missing friends came back to the program this weekend and called me.


-for the women's meeting Friday night who supported me before I had to go to 2, count 'em, 2 cocktail parties Friday night.


-for my 11th step meditation meeting on Saturdays


-for Father Thomas Keating


-for my sponser who performed Saturday night


-for my sober friends with whom I had dinner and enjoyed my sponser


-for my husband who made an effort


-for my Big Book meeting


-for breakfast after the Big Book meeting and great conversation...


-for the Eucharist


-for being open to go where my spirit leads me


-that the Patriots won and the wonderful nap I had during the game


-that I was asked to go to Bill W.'s house in Vermont and that I said yes despite my instinct to say no.


-so much more.


Especially for Alcoholics Annonymous because none of the above would have been possible without it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must be in a very emotional place this morning though I can't say why. This is the second blog this morning that has brought tears to my eyes.
I just found everything you wrote you're grateful for touching me greatly.
I can never ever truly express how grateful I am, my thanks to God for bringing me to Alcoholics Anonymous ..... "and that has made all the difference".(Robert Frost: The Road Not Taken.)

Syd said...

A great gratitude list. Have a good day.

johno said...

love your list, thank you

Molls said...

Great List! I napped during the Pat's game too...

steveroni said...

LOVE your list, especially the Eucharist, the sober friends returning, your husband--what the h***, I'm just repeating it! But that's how much I liked it, and the fact that like most of us, none of this wonderful life would be mine if it were not for this wonderful program of AA. Right? Amen!

Shadow said...

what a list! you're sounding great!

Pammie said...

thanks for all your thoughts and prayers darlin'