Friday, September 19, 2008

I am Grateful...


for my son's new girlfriend who came over so my son talked to me (a little)

that I didn't threaten to facebook my son and embarass him to "make" him talk to me (defect!!)

that my first, new and only sponsee appears to be listening to me and seems to be done

that it's Friday!!!!!!!

that my daughter called to tell me she received a hug from Susan Sarandon
for my porch swing

that my husband went to the store to buy "emergency supplemental supplies" like bread & coffee

for L who showed up at our Step meeting

for shutouts (its not easy being a goalkeeper's Mom)

for The Six Things from Irish Friend that I can pass on to my sponsee

that Barack Obama seems to finally be moving ahead (if it isn't a landslide I will never understand)


for my Aunt in Georgia who tells me what its like
that I don't have any money so I didn't lose any money

that I have a Hybrid so that the price of gas isn't quite so painful (now heating my house is another story)
that I have a house
for my friends over at AABC

that the Grace of God continues to inspire me

for my morning meeting which I have to get ready for RIGHT NOW!

peace..



5 comments:

Shadow said...

that sounds absolutely perfect. have a good weekend.

Michael said...

Hi Kathy, should I start doing these grattitude lists, I am grateful to be given a place in this game of life so i can advance my soul

GoldenGal said...

"that I don't have any money so I didn't lose any money" I love it kathy!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture - looks so serene and peaceful. Looks like somewhere I would like to be right now or anytime for that matter.

My personal experience is that when sons have girlfriends, it softens them - opens them up a little. (Of course, that also depends on who the girlfriend is.) My son has a girlfriend I love and she adds to him. He, of course, adds to her as well.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend Kathy!!!