Thursday, June 14, 2007

Tools

Okay. I've given myself these tools and now I need to use them. The surrender quote and the Big Book study guide courtesy of AA Beginners Club on Yahoo where I have been lurking for several years. It's just that I am not sure AA is the way for me. So for now I am picking and choosing. I've got the Big Bastard voice from Rational Recovery. I've got red headed girl although she doesn't know it yet. There were just so many similarities. I followed her journey from her first post on Monday, Day 1 and between the repeated day 1's and the secular viewpoints, I seem to have got it. So thank you again to her on my Day 4. Signed up on Sober Blogs so maybe I'll get some feedback. Not sure I want it yet but maybe I need it. Next step, do the study guide and maybe after that, post of AABC and Journey to Recovery. It's only fair to acknowledge their influence but maybe I should wait until I feel a bit more successful. Then again if I wait, there is no accountability now is there. Am I trying to leave a door open for Big Bastard?? Food for thought or should I say Drink for thought:)

At least this afternoon I feel better than yesterday afternoon. Back to work for me. Later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you actually attend meetings? Like, in person?
Now there's some feedback that you may not want. ;-)
Peace,
Scout
keep coming back!