Monday, June 2, 2008

Trying to Stay in the Day

So I had my first B12 shot, nothing changed but I suppose it will take awhile to feel the difference. And of course now that I have a diagnosis for my fatigue, I just want to use it. I always pushed through it, at least most of the time, when I could, but now I don't even want to try. Especially since it may go away soon. Why waste a good excuse for napping or avoiding chores?

And now for something completely different....I got a call today from the xray dept that did my mammogram last week and apparently the radiologist wants to do an ultrasound. So of course, that means he (well that's a sexist assumption), I mean she saw something abnormal. I didn't get into with the person who called because she would just tell me its routine. And I know that. But of course, I'm off and running. Already planning my masectomy. Wondering if I could get a breast reduction out of the deal....maybe it will help with weight loss....planning how to tell my kids....thinking about whether or not I would want a drink if I got a death sentence. I think I do. And that is not where I was just a few short weeks ago. So I need to get back in the moment, and just wait until Wednesday when I get it done. I suppose I need to call my sponser which I haven't done lately and get cracking on my program.

Speaking of amends. I had flashback to my friend's wedding back in 1976. We were 18. She lives in another state and I will be attending her 50th birthday party in 2 weeks. When she got married I threw up in the centerpiece of our table. At least I wasn't in the wedding and it wasn't the head table. But her sister had to take me outside where I finished getting sick. Charming. And to top that off there was a bomb scare at the wedding, (long story), and while I was outside in the parking lot, in my humiliation, the entire reception had to also come outside. Freaked me out. So I'm not sure I owe my friend an amends or not. I think the bomb scare ruined her wedding not me. Not sure she was harmed by me. In fact I'm a story she gets to tell....that people can laugh at. People have lots of fun stories about me when I was drunk. Anyway, I sure as hell don't WANT to bring it back to the forefront but maybe I should. Maybe just the fact that I remembered it and am questioning it means I should make the amends. Back to my sponser...

Thank you all for being here. I've been out of sorts and haven't been participating in blogdom lately but I care. And bottom line, I did not drink.

4 comments:

Shadow said...

stay in the day. hard to do, i know. good luck and you didn't drink! WOOOPHEEEEEEE. lotsa love!

Syd said...

Just take things one day at a time. Don't do the "What if" that I just posted about.

Anonymous said...

Stay in the day...going through very similar stuff on this end and I'm all too aware of the struggle it is. I've had two mamograms that required ultrasounds and one that even required a biopsy last year but in the end the results were that the was no malignancy. But of course I had already written my goodbyes to the kids and planned my funeral.

Hang in there!!!

Love,
Maura

molly said...

i'm like maura i would have already been planning the funeral! i see u are just a few days away from a year sober. VERY COOL! love ya girlie