Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Go West Young (well not so young) Woman

Leaving for Albuquerque at 3:30 am tomorrow. I am not packed. My friend has been packed for months. We are tempermentally quite different. Cannot wait to be on my own and focused on me, myself and I. Selfish program indeed. And to meet Father Keating will be amazing. Not to mention seeing a part of the country I have never seen before. We are going to a conference entitled The Inner Room focusing on the 11th step and Centering Prayer. There will be workshops to deepen our understanding of prayer as well as seminars by Father Keating and another monk. Each evening there is a 12 Step meeting and I have a list of meetings as well. Actually I even have a contact in Albq. who was part of my online group for awhile. He left so I am uncertain if I should try to arrange to meet him at a meeting. I'm sure he's sober but he was unhappy with the group. I think I should. It would be cool. Conscious contact here I come!!!


And for Molly...I did get a few pics.....I am sad because they are getting big and I'm sure I'm going to miss them leave the nest.....

13 comments:

molly said...

YAYYYYYYYYY.. and as Shadow says - 'they have their 'clothes' now'.. isn't it AMAZING!??? i'm such a goob when it comes to this stuff. i've been watching History channel dvd's on the Universe.. there was this lady whos job is to study the sun.. wouldn't that be NEAT?!! i didn't know the sun wouldn't be around in a billion years either..

anyhoo - i digress. have FUN on your trip. i'm jealous! i thought of you when i saw an ad for a Rigpa Autumn Retreat with Sogyal Rinpoche in a magazine yesterday.. it is in CA at end of Nov/beg. of Dec this year. it'd be neat to go to that.

have a nice wednesday girl!

Syd said...

The birds are really neat. All those mouths opened and ready. Hope that you have a great time. Enjoy and savor the moments of your trip.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time on your retreat Kathy!

Shadow said...

enjoy your trip, sounds real good. and get hubby to take pictures for you while you're away... be safe!!!

Michael said...

Hi Kathy, the birds are lovely, you are right I did read "None Of My Business" and a lot of stuff it said hit the nail right on the head to where I am going wrong.
I am trying to take back control of my life arnt I

Fireman John said...

heck, what are you like 42...
just a puppy in my world, haha1

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

Ahhh. cute birds.
Have a great time there girlie!

Patricia Marie said...

Great pictures. Love them. Have a wonderful trip. It sounds like it will be full of serenity.

Recovery Road London said...

I hope you're having/had a great time. I leave packing until I come back...er,...

Judith said...

Awesome picture! I'm so glad you were able to get that on here. I love this season!

Shadow said...

aaaaah, welcome back oh delinquent one! you see, that's why i like you. i'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the Welcome Prayer to Big Bastard... seriously. i like the beginning, heee heee heee. but you go enjoy your 4th of july weekend first, i can wait.... love you!

p.s. i don't forget so i WILL be waiting for the rest, giggle giggle!

Recovery Road London said...

Just stopped by to say hi. :)

johno said...

Hope you had a good trip!! love the pics too..