Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Playing Hooky

I didn't go to the meeting tonight. I feel like I'm playing hooky. I'm just soooo tired. I knew this would happen, didn't I? And trying to get ready for our trip. Who am I kidding? I took a nap which was nice and didn't quite want to put it together to go out again. Wish I was brave enough to show up braless, all rumpled, scratching my belly and plop myself in my seat, smack my lips and say Hi,I'm Kathy, I'm an alcoholic. It's BIG, I can do the second part. It's probably BIG for everyone else that I can't do the first. I think my husband appreciated me being home though. Although I spent most of it online catching up with the blogosphere and my emails. Felt like the meeting I was missing. Now of course I'm worried about telling my sponser. That's the one stickler she's got... go to meetings. But I went this morning, she whined. See, I am going to have this conversation until I call her tomorrow at 3. OCD.

But I think my motives are pure. So I feel good about the decision not to go tonight. Or I'll feel good once my sponser gives me the absolution.

I am grateful for:

new friendships
my son's return from soccer camp tonight
Starbucks coffee chocolate almond fudge swirl ice cream
sobriety
Reality TV (well not all of it, but YES Big Brother much to my daughter's disgust)
the cool breeze

3 comments:

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

I don't think you shoud knacker yourself by going to meetings. i think if people are working full time its a lot to get to meetings after work as well. it just wears people out.
i'm sure she will be fine about it..

Shadow said...

hey kathy! thanks for that comment and the quote. it helped. it's hard sometimes to find the right balance, isn't it....

johno said...

I found out by going and not going that there is an REAL difference between being tired, and bunking off, I got VERY tired when I first sobered up. H.A.L.T. If you are tired, rest, its a good time to catch up with reading BBook. Sleep well!!