Friday, October 12, 2007

Thank God It's Friday


Been a long week. I woke up with a lot of stuff swirling around in my head instead of gratitude. Don't like that. Keep trying to shake it which is hard to do at the office.


So I'm really looking forward to the weekend. Spending all day Saturday at a Roundup. I have no idea what that is but me and another newcomer are going together. We figured the blind leading the blind:) I just found out that the woman who got me to come back to the morning meeting and who lights it up every day with her beaming smile is also going, though she can't stay for the day. That makes me happy to no end. Then on Sunday, I'm doing the Breast Cancer Walk at the esplanade in Boston with my girlfriends. Unfortunately, it means I will miss the Big Book meeting but I spoke with the Chairman of that meeting and he understands. He said that is what we get sober for. To do good things and participate in life. Yup.

But before the weekend I have to stay in this day and this day is full of Bad Stuff:
My husband and our lack of intimacy both emotionally and physically.

My brother and his distance both physically and emotionally. Actually, both of my brothers but one more than the other.

My mother and my guilt for not wanting to see her.

My son and his normal adolescent surliness

My boss and his manic, distracted tendencies

My good friend and her self absorption

I know, fourth step stuff. I'm working on it! And in spite of it all, I am grateful for:

My husband who can make me laugh

My niece and nephews

That my mom is alive

That my son is healthy

That I have an interesting job

That my friend is cleaning my house right now

Have a great weekend y'all!

5 comments:

molly said...

hey guuurllll: lordie, we sure have lots in common. I wonder sometimes when talking to peeps with similar backgrounds just EXACTLY what the hell happened to make us the way we are? Had we been born into different families would we have become alcoholic? I'm not thinking about it all in a "blaming" sort of way - more out of a understanding. I've been hanging out on this blog today - http://relationshipsinrecovery.blogspot.com/.. it's good stuff I think so far. You may enjoy.

I am breathing more today.. I just have those "freakout and wanna fix it all RIGHT NOW" moments.. I'm better today. The dancing bird helped! lol

Have a GREAT time at your events this weekend!

johno said...

4th Step yup LOL!! hey enjoy the Cancer Walk! the atmosphere i mean, one primary purpose, different illness, have a great weekend, trudging the road to happy destiny :)

Mary Christine said...

You will have a wonderful time at the roundup!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shadow said...

busy weekend... hope you enjoy it!!!