Friday, October 5, 2007

Feeling Groovy

I've had a very good week. It seems like everything is coming together and I am understanding the program, what it means and what I need to do. I just got a note from one of my girlfriends letting me know how happy she is for me. That meant the world to me. I am listening to Joe and Charley's Big Book Study on my ipod. (http://www.xa-speakers.org/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=13). One of the things they said that has stuck with me is that Alcohlism is the only terminal illness from which you can recover and come out better than when you came in. I know I am feeling better already and I feel so hopeful. I feel more purposeful. Oh, the issues are still there, surly teenage son, distant husband, intense job, defects of charachter to uncover, mom's finances, and on and on. But I guess I am just seeing it all in a new light. Literally, from the heavens.


I am opening up more at meetings. Building relationships with people from the meetings. They miss me and I miss them if we're not around. We can joke and kid and we can also cry together. I am getting a better understanding of how to use my sponsers and I am beginning to rely on them more and more. And while doing so they are teaching me that I can rely on myself. I am slowing down. Letting it happen. And by doing so it is happening. What a concept.


I'm off to the nursing home. My sponser's sponser is there and we have a meeting for her the first Friday of the month. It is a very powerful meeting and she is a wonderful woman with a positive message despite her circumstances.


Thanks to you all for being here.


3 comments:

molly said...

you sound great girl :) good job! keep on acommin back my friend. And thanks for the encouraging words on my website. So, it is okay to cry huh?! what a freagin concept!! have a great weekend :)

Shadow said...

hey! it sounds like you've reach a turning point! well done!

Kathrin Ivanovic said...

Thanks for your note....I do really appreciate it.

I slept last night, albeit restless, but I am awake and its a new day and I didnt drink last nite, so I guess it was ok.

Have a great day!

Kathrin