Monday, October 8, 2007

Rainy Days and Mondays

It's raining really, really hard this morning. And I have the day off from work. It's Columbus Day here in America for those of you across the pond and downunder. The day we celebrate when our country was "discovered". Wonder how our Native Americans feel about this day? But that's a discussion for another blog. Today is the type of day that you don't want the alarm set and you just want to roll on over and sleep. That if you do wake up from your inner clock you can just burrow in deeper and let the sound of the rain lull you back to sleep. I love the rain.

But I've got my morning meeting to go to and I give someone a ride every morning. So to do that would require that I call her and tell her she's got to walk in the rain. That's not nice. Once I get to the meeting I will be grateful to be there and when I'm home I will be grateful to be awake because I have a ton of paperwork to do as it is bill week for us and my Mom. And.....it's supposed to rain all day so......NAPTIME!

Went to the football game yesterday. It was a lot of fun and our seats were great. Should be for what I paid. It was a birthday gift to my husband, (well birthday, anniversary and Christmas!) The woman next to me was double fisted the entire game, slugging beer after beer. And of course there were the usual drunken guys behind us. We got there late as well and walking throught the parking lot with the remnants of everyone's tailgate party was disgusting. Spilled food, overflowing trashcans with beer bottles, it just stank of stale beer, garbage and throwup. Then there were the poor souls who couldn't leave the party. Still tailgating and forfeiting their ticket to the game for the next drink.

Anyway, the only desire that came upon me was for a diet coke and fries! That felt good and it was fun. That and the fact that we won, Tom Brady is so cute and my husband and I did a victory chest bump!

10 comments:

Michael said...

Oh yes those Monday Mornings soon come round dont they, if I had the day off today I would still set the alarm just to enjoy that good feeling when I realised I didnt have to get up and could switch the alarm off and go back to sleep.
I took my mum & dad to hospital this morning before I went to work so I was up even earlier than normal.
Yes I love a bit of magic in my life, do you remember that magical christmas feeling you had when you were real young and it was christmas eve

Michael said...

Oh sorry, I took your advice and have written an introduction to "Parallel Universes" which is my own Mad Mick version of heroes

Pammie said...

It's creepy at first to see the "other side" and know that was us. Then it just sort of turns into gratitude...don't you think?

Syd said...

I like the rainy days too. Just stay in and sleep if I'm lucky. Otherwise, it's off to work.

Shadow said...

p.s in rehab we were told that those feelings will never go away, they will eventually loose their hold on you, their power with diminish, but they will always be there, because alcoholism is not something that can be cured, only controlled. what does aa say about this?

Shadow said...

i love sleeping on rainy days. it's just the best.

and it sounds like you had a good day. happy columbus day from across the oceans.

and thanks for your encouragement my side. by way of information, no, i haven't read the bb and don't go to meetings. i went to rehab, aa doesn't feature where i live. what i know of aa i've picked up on the blogs here. and to me, anything that works, in whatever programme, i use to help myself get there. i consider my blog my on-line therapy, if you get my thinking. so thanks for all your advice! i truly appreciate it!

Michael said...

The worm story wasnt real, I got the idea from one of those wacky TV programs showing crazy adverts and well my boss is rather overweight and well I couldnt resist it.
My boss says I live on a completely different planet from everyone else, an observation that I think is common to many recovering alcoholics

Shadow said...

hey! i just read your comment to michael. and i'm so glad now that i wasn't the only one.... i thus took the liberty in warning him i'm blonde sometimes, so he should be careful. next thing he hears there's a worldwide demand for these worms that don't even exist, heee heeee heeee. but i just love his stories though!

anyway, thanks for those links you sent me, i'm gonna check them out. btw, i'm with you - go with what works for you. that's always the best way to succeed, ain't it...

Most of Martha Woodroof in one place said...

Tom Brady rocks! And I'm proud to say I never missed an actual sporting event just to drink! Even as a practicing substance abuser, I still had my priorities. Thanks for your comment about bravery. In sobriety, my definition of that sure has changed!

Michael said...

Hey its wednesday and I have come back down to earth a bit, I got to stop this analysis head coming on like that pondering why I am here and get on with the job of living and if you read my next post I am making tentative first steps into a whole new world, at least it should keep me happy for a while, oh yes I gotta admit my boss is a bit slimmer so the worm seems to be doing its job