Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I need to go to Bed



But before I do I just read this passage from House of Mirth by Edith Wharton.


"There were in her at the moment two beings, one drawing deep breaths of freedom and exhilaration, the other gasping for air in a little black prison-house of fears. But gradually the captive's gasps grew fainter, or the other paid less heed to them; the horizon expanded, the air grew stronger, and the free spirit quivered for flight."


That's where I'm at right now.

5 comments:

Shadow said...

that's a beautiful 'picture', i wish i could write like that!!!!

Michael said...

Well, welcome back, I dunno I tend to post even if I feel crappy, u need to get both sides of the story dont u. And well last night I did feel like crap, low miserable and lonely, not a great recipe for getting a few friends to lift my mood is it, but lifes like that in it, smile and the world smiles with u, cry and u cry alone.
Feel better today and glad u are back

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

thats a lovely passage. sounds like a good place!

Syd said...

Free spirit is a good state of mind.

Michael said...

My mum gets migraine as well, it just happens every so often with me, too much thinking and not enough action I reckon.
Ive gone all analytical today about the universe and the meaning of life with my post, I just like a bit of magic still alive and like you typing it out crystalises my thoughts, depression for me is a machine universe going nowhere.
Have a good weekend