Sunday, December 7, 2008

My Turn at Honesty

Thanks Judith over at Vicarious Rising and seems like a good enough reason to test my finger on the keyboard. Forgive the typos....

Most of you have already seen or done this so....


Here's the rules:
List 10 honest things about myself
Pass the award on to 7 bloggers
10 random honest things about ME and it is all about ME:

1. While all my life I "prided" myself on honesty and spouted it all the time....held myself up as a tell it like it is person....this last year of sobriety it the ONLY time I have been truly honest. When I can't be...I shut up.

2. One of the things about honesty that really troubles me....if I haven't been honest with myself all of my life....how do I know I'm being honest with myself now?

3. I have periods of doubt aboout this Higher Power thing.

4. I talk about how busy I am but what I am most busy at is procrastination.

5. I don't like my mother.

6. I've seen my daughter stretch the truth in the same way that I did and I haven't talked to her about it.

7. I know money isn't everything but I wish I had it.

8. When I first started to drive, I used to hit lots of cars in parking lots, not on purpose and leave fake notes so people thought I was doing the "right" thing.

9. I'm a flirt and use my marriage as a shield.

10. I felt bad because I didn't make the list of many bloggers who passed this on.

So now I'm supposed to pass this on to 7 bloggers.....so here goes..

A Sober Woman of God
One Prayer Girl
It's a Brain Disease
In God's Hands
Stop, Drop and Recover
Hand in Hand with the Spirit of the Universe
Recovery Archive
Recovering Wino
Another Sober Alcoholic

I know there's more than seven...see number 10. And if you aren't on the list its cause my finger hurts so consider yourself awarded...xo

8 comments:

Shadow said...

congratulations!!!!

p.s. my gut says you're being honest now...

One Prayer Girl said...

I have now been tagged by you and Findon. I'm going to post my 10 honest things about myself tomorrow.

IMHO - God/Higher Power - can handle your periods of doubt - no sweat!

Doubts are part of being human.

Fireman John said...

kudos on your honest appraisal of self!
we have many traits in common;
thanks so much for including me in the award!

Judith said...

Wow, I mean WOW. You blew me away with your touching and honest list. Thank you for sharing. I know what you mean about worrying about whether I've been honest, like, have I unintentionally been dishonest because I was lying to myself?

Lots of love to you & I hope your finger feels better soon!

Unknown said...

Oh so glad that you are backand what aq poweerful post, the part about honesty, the flirtyness all of it is so familiar, thank you for this and glad you are back a bit..hope your finger is healing.

Hugs,
G

Pammie said...

that's a good list.
i used to stretch the truth until it broke.

Syd said...

A great list. Truth or lack thereof is something for me to work on.

J-Online said...

loving your list.