Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's Beginning to Look A lot Like Christmas

It snowed this morning. I love the first snow, especially in the morning when its quiet and hasn't been ruined by cars and shoveling. When all is silent and you can almost hear the snowflakes softly land. I could look out a window during my morning meeting and just watch the snow fall. Maybe this is what I needed to get in the spirit. I've done the shopping I am going to do. And I loved reading Pam's blog today about how she doesn't decorate or bake. That's where I'm headed. I will enjoy the tree and I'm now in the mood to get one. I will put up some candles in the windows...maybe make one batch of cookies....and then I will be done. No pressure, no worries...and then maybe sell all this junk off. Well, I can't get rid of THAT ceramic Santa....that reminds me of when I was a kid. Mom always put candy canes in it. And not THOSE candleholders. Those were Grandma's. What about.....? I probably won't be able to bear getting rid of alot of stuff....so I'll just bring it all back up to the attic and when I die my kids can throw it out.

4 comments:

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

yeah i do a totally no pressure xmas. i just dont do all the ? 'stuff'.
an old timer used to say 'Its just another day"
meaning xmas. i like the time off and stuff but really i avoid most of the ritual as i just don't have need of it. plus xmas is a bit hectic with study. essays to hand in in Jan so xmas is a minor blip on the radar..
enjoy the snow and all :)

Patricia Marie said...

Enjoy it.

Unknown said...

Short, sweet, and divine post. What a great post and love the pic....I love the first shnow each and every time. Happy day to you!

Anonymous said...

I hope we get snow. I am having a no pressure Christmas this year. Love doing a bunch of cookies though. Left half my stuff packed away too, stream line Christmas LOL. Just noticed one month smoke free on your side bar, that is awesome!!!