Saturday, December 27, 2008

Well, Christmas is over...I am grateful for that. The day itself was wonderful I just wish I could have that peace in the time leading up to it. I have a Christmas mentality but I am in a Festivus family. Maybe next year. We had a nice day. My brother and his family are here for the weekend. It's such a difference being with a 9 & 11 yr old. They actually want to decorate trees and make stuff, unlike my own 18 & 20 yr olds. So its fun....but it has been wonderful to fully experience the young adults my children have become. They are good kids and fun to be with. My daughter is hysterical. My son is smart. And watching them with my niece and nephew is inspiring. It's good to be sober.

3 comments:

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

Good for you Kathy. You are a total matriarch. Bless your cottons for all the effort you put in for your family this christmas. :)

Unknown said...

The energy of children is wonderful during the holidays and I am so glad that your holiday was good and that you are from a Festivus family; that made me smile.

I hope your weekend is well; stay sober and know you're loved.
G~*

Syd said...

It is about children in many ways. It looks as if the young one in the picture enjoyed everything about Christmas.