Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What's Good About Today


I think its time for a gratitude list:

1. For my daughter who calls me just because....

2. That her boyfriend is not coming for Thanksgiving after all taking the pressure off...

3. For my stepsisters group that I can return to tonight......

4. For early mornings....

5. For my husband who is just letting me be..most of the time..

6. For my son...who I pray will someday see me as a person, not just as a parent

7. For facebook...its fun

8. For recognizing H.A.L.T. and how doing something about it can change everything

9. That my sponsee agreed to begin the Big Book Step Study with another sponser.

10. That when my other sponsee called to tell me of the chaos in her life, I brought it back to Step 1 and told her that if she won't even read the Big Book there is not much I can do for her.

Okay, I'm ready to start the day now...have a good one!

4 comments:

Shadow said...

this is such a great list! and a good one for you too!

Fireman John said...

it's amazing how we can appreciate
the good things in our lives, with a
little help from recovery.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the reminder that it all begins and ends with gratitude, great list!!!
Gabi ~*

One Prayer Girl said...

I am forever grateful that despite the chaos of our household in the past, today I have loving relationships with my son and daughter.

I am so very grateful when sponsees work the steps and begin to really change - it's a miracle to watch.

Thanks for your list.