Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Our Lives are Singular but our Destiny is Shared


Of all the inspiring messages I heard in Barack Obama's speech last night and on the campaign trail this one from last night resonated with me. I can't help but think how much that is true in AA as well. We come in broken people from all different walks of life but because of our similarities we have a way to recover from this disease. And the solution relies on our spiritual condition. And for me, knowing that my destiny is shared with my fellow man, my fellow alcoholic, helps me to stay sober and become the person that I was meant to be.

3 comments:

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

thanks for sharing that kathy. like that.

yep nice. our lives are indeed intertwined. i hope enough of us do the next right thing. or at least try to. you just never know :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy -- that interconnecteness is always there for all of us in recovery.

Hugs

Mary

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

i loved what jonathan cainer said about it

"As of yesterday, Barack Obama's future became irrevocably intertwined with the collective destiny of billions."

http://www.cainer.com/

cool huh. i love jonathan cainer!