Saturday, November 29, 2008

Never Use Your Daughters Laptop when Blogging


I noticed that some of my comments on others' blogs were no longer showing my name...so I clicked on one and it brought me to...a blog my daughter apparently started and abandoned earlier this year. I can identify because back in the day I started lots of journals...in fact this is the first thing I have ever stuck with. So those mysterious comments you got were from me. I'm not sure how to fix this...I'm on my computer now so hopefully any comments you receive show up from me. Weird....

Anyway, had a great day of nothing yesterday. Woke up, went to the morning meeting which I chair on Fridays. Had a piece of banana creme pie that someone brought. Came home and read a bit then took a nap. Woke up, had some great French Toast my husband made with the leftover bread from yesterday. We all watched Journey to the Center of the Earth together. Brought me back to family movie night. I love my kids. Then...read a little more and took another nap. Caught up in the blogosphere on my daughters laptop..hence this cross identity issue. But I liked using the laptop cause I could stay on my comfy couch under the covers. Then I went to the Friday night women's meeting. Guess who spoke?? You guessed it, the "dour" soul who I had an issue with last week. Guess what? She's not so dour after all. And I identified with her story big time. It was a wonderful meeting and an opportunity for me to tell her that I appreciated getting to know her better and thank her for her story. Thank you God. Came home and attempted to watch Indiana Jones with the husband but I couldn't stay awake. I guess I was tired yesterday. And it felt good to do nothing.

9 comments:

One Prayer Girl said...

I got your comment and loved it. You wrote:
"Tears are liquid prayers." Beautiful. I know there are a lot of people out there in pain living with many tears who will really appreciate it. (God is listening!) Thanks!

The cartoon made me SMILE :)

You sound happy and that makes me happy.

Shadow said...

what a wonderful day!

J-Online said...

LOL at the cross identity issue. That is something I would do!

Anonymous said...

That sounds great! I am so grateful to have gotten to a meeting on Thursday. Still laying low and hoping to feel better.

steveroni said...

ZITS--One of my special favorites, so true to life as it IS.

And, you are getting some 'needed' rest, or quiet time. For me, that's what holidays are about, even though many use them for great amounts of 'activities'.

It is ALWAYS a happy time when I can humbly tell someone (who I might not have especially liked) that it's good to know them better, and maybe even that they 'helped' me (even though they may not know how!!!)

"Old Timer" (I prefer the term "Long Timer", don't know WHY (BIG GRIN!) Please laugh WITH me!

johno said...

..... ! so who read the bookks?

Unknown said...

Sounds like a gift from God kind of day! I love days like that with naps, books, movies and meetings. I love this type of day and am so glad that you got something from the lead...that's the miracle...wow!

Many hugs,
G~*

Pammie said...

I think it's funny how that happens in meetings..hearing someone speak that you never thought you could identify with, then wham-there's your story.

Syd said...

It sounds like my kind of day. I'm lazing around today with this cold and am going to take a nap soon. The meeting sounds good and am glad that you got to know the "dour" soul.