Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Grateful


I am grateful:

For my boss, who closed the office for Thanksgiving beginning today and through the weekend...paid!

That I get to pick up my daughter today.

That my husband vacumed yesterday.

All the shopping for Thanksgiving dinner is done and I can start cooking today....without wine.

That my son is enjoying and participating in his senior year of high school, something I never did.

For our President-Elect who has already begun and I already feel more secure.

For the fellowship of AA that rightsizes me when I make a mistake and teaches me valuable lessons on how to work my program and humility.

For the woman mentioned in the previous post....

For the ability to assist someone to recover from this disease and watch them emerge from the paralzying fear and remorse to hope and faith.

For the ability to tell someone in the midst of this disease that I did understand her drama...just wasn't going to participate in it....that it was the insanity of the disease whether she was drinking or not and that there was a solution should she choose to accept.

For the ability to pray for acceptance for myself and for others.

For my Tuesday Step Sisters....and the friendships beyond fellowship that I have been blessed to be a part of.

That because of AA I can practice my principles and can count among my friends for the first time, people of color, of different sexual orientation, and of different economic status.

That my husband is accepting of my desire to open our home to other alcoholics without one for Thanksgiving dinner...as long as it isn't Gary Busey.

That I shared that with my spiritual sponser and she is now grateful for Celebrity Rehab.

That because of this program I can work on being thankful that my mother will be joining us for Thanksgiving dinner.

That my step study sponser and I will begin our work on Friday.

That by the time I came to believe, my sanity had already begun to be restored.

For the understanding that doubt can be a part of faith. Thank you T. , Mother Teresa, and Jesus.

4 comments:

Pammie said...

I am so wishing that I had not given Gary Busey directions to your house!
I can't wait to hug a bunch of newcomers tonight....who have no idea the wonderful life ahead..if they just surrender.

Syd said...

What a great list. And how kind of you to think about those who don't have anywhere to go and can come for Thanksgiving at your house.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful and full and loving list, thank you for all the joyous reminders and for all that you bring to the blogosphere!

Hugs,
G

Shadow said...

your grateful list is truly amazing. and whooopeee to bosses like yours! have a blessed thanksgiving.