Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Lately, more than once or twice, people have been asking me if I'm okay. Telling me I look sad. I don't feel sad. I feel content most of the time. I'm not having too much trouble with the non smoking thing thanks to the patch. I haven't even been napping. Maybe that's the problem. So I'm not sure why my outside is not matching my inside. But I'm not going to walk around with a silly smile on my face all the time. Maybe that's it, the difference between happiness and contentment and perhaps people are noticing the transition. I think I just did. I have been so happy to be sober maybe because I am so suprised that I have gotten this far and that I like it. Life is so much better. One woman said to me last week that I was the most enthusiatic newcomer she had ever met. Maybe that enthusiasm has just settled into acceptance.

I can live with that.

4 comments:

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

people often mistakenly read a drop in nervous energy as being 'depressed'. not so. just means you are less 'excitable', less reactive. more settled. to the practiced eye, it does not look 'depressed'. most people do not understand what it means to be serene. thats for sure. oh well. the road gets narrower as they say..

molly said...

glad the smober is going well.

WIERD you mentioned people asking if u okay today. We still seem to be on same wave length. The girl in my doctor's office asked me that today too. And I wondered - I FEEL okay but why'd she ask that? Do I look sad? Of course I WAS in the doctor's office and who is really HAPPY bout that ya know?!

Shadow said...

and acceptance is a good place to be at!

Pammie said...

OK, so we are both still not smoking..still not drinking...or drugin'.
I say we start cussing like sailors...what do yo say? :)
Enjoy your "calm" day.