Friday, April 11, 2008

I Did It!

I booked the trip! I am really excited but now that it is done I'm going to try not to think about it anymore and just stay in the present moment. One of the women who went on the centering retreat is coming and possibly another. I talked to my husband and he was a bit like, "it's a little wierd that you want to do this without me". I explained that I would love it if he would come but for it to truly be a gift to me he would need to particpate in the conference and learn about Centering Prayer and the Twelve Steps. If he didn't then it wouldn't be the experience that I am looking for. It would be tough for me if he was there mocking me and asking me when the next "coven" was getting together. I know he is kidding because he just doesn't get it. I told him it was okay if he wasn't where I was spiritually and that it would mean a lot if he was willing to give me this gift. And he seems to be okay. It's nice that we can accept each other for where we are not where we want each other to be. It was great to have a real conversation as opposed to a confrontational one with me stomping my feet and demanding to get what I want. Our relationship is improving and that is because of the program of Alcoholics Annonymous.

Very exicited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Syd said...

Good for you. I'm glad that you booked the trip and that your husband understands your desires to go. Sounds like things are going well.

Anonymous said...

Excellent!!! A very happy and deserving birthday gift for yourself.

Maura

molly said...

KEWLLLLLLL. My hub doesn't "get" any of this stuff either. He kids me even when I go to meetings - he's like "ohhhhhhhhh a meeetttingggg huh". sometimes i think he is sure i've finally lost it. of course until the NEXT bizarro moment of mine.

oh - btw - i chose german chocolate cake instead of the cig. still want the cig though. thanks for reminding me that a cig won't improve the situation. i just feel like a bitch from hell. devil on wheels - whatever.

hope to see you on the flip side! love ya

Anonymous said...

Hey,just stopped in to say Hi, and I am so happy for you going on your trip. My retreat is next weekend and I cannot wait! trying not to think too much too. good for you!