Sunday, May 4, 2008

Objective

To return to my original area of study in social services to obtain a
position that utilizes my education, professional skills and experiences and
expands into the field of recovery from substance abuse.


Thanks for all the support and encouragement, it really helped. I spent yesterday on my resume. A few months ago one of the girls I give rides to asked for some help with her resume and I could not find mine anywhere. I hadn't used it in 8 years so I figured it was tucked away somewhere and it wasn't on my computer because we had long ago crashed.....And don't you know that the first place I looked yesterday in a nice file right up front, there it was.......

Talked to my husband about going for it. He was good to talk to though frustrating at times because he doesn't listen to me and I can perceive him as being negative. The conversation would be going well but I could feel myself slipping into old patterns and it turned the conversation every time....but the good news was I could backpedal....turn it back.....What was hard is that he does have a lot of experience finding jobs and it was difficult for him to understand that I wasn't looking for a job, marketing myself if you will...it was this job...that fell in my lap and that I was merely submitting my resume and turning it over to God.

He's also concerned for the money as its a one third paycut...but that is on a hourly basis. Since its a full time postion and I work partime it only comes to a 1K paycut annually which I bet I could find that much waste in our budget. Though not from alcohol or cigarettes anymore!

Now I just need to call my sponser today..I hate talking on the phone but I do want to get her perspective on this.

I guess what I need to remember is to stay in today. Today I'm just preparing for submitting my resume......I don't need to plan for the interview, for accepting the job, for quitting my current job, for being qualified for the job, for group sessions with the women, for quitting that job when I don't like it or am over my head, for looking for another job either in recovery or the legal field when it doesn't work out and on and on. I could go there and my husband is leading the way......but it is just today and today, upon awakening, I have considered my plans for the day, I have asked God to direct my thinking, especially asking that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives. Under these conditions I can employ my mental faculties with assurance, for after all God gave me a brain to use. My thought-life will be placed on a much higher plane when my thinking is cleared of wrong motives. p. 86

5 comments:

johno said...

Wow! I only just back online, so much happening, lady!!

God plan seems to have a way of working "everything" out one waay or another.

keep the faith! Trust God

Keep on :)

Shadow said...

well, to me it sounds like you're going about it quite logically, openly and the right way. reminds me of a song... 'what will be, will be...'

Pammie said...

Stay in the DAY...YES!
baby steps...easy does it....OH YOU KNOW !!!

Patricia Marie said...

I think we all need to follow our dreams. I believe that where we are at today is exactly where we are suppose to be. Hats off to you for having the courage to place one foot in front of the other.

Syd said...

Sounds good. And a $1k cut isn't bad at all. Like you said, no cigarettes and no booze--you've got it made.