Monday, May 5, 2008

11th Step Meeting

Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God praying only for the knowledge of God’s will for us and the power to carry that out.

Those of us who attended the retreat last month really wanted to carry on our 11th step practice in an AA group setting. In our area there are no 11th step meetings and in fact there are no meetings on Saturday afternoons. When I first felt the need for a meeting it was a Saturday afternoon and I had to travel an hour to get to a meeting which I never found. Anyway, the facilitators of the retreat were kind enough to share some formats of 11th step meetings and suggestions on how to get one started. We have worked with the church where we began our Centering Prayer sessions and wala! we've got an 11th step meeting beginning this week. Our first meeting will just be the founders so we can do a runthrough of the format and take care of business but then we open it up. It's very exciting.

Oh yeah and I've got an interview on Wednesday!

WTF! Don't they know I'm an idiot! Well, when they see my resume they will. I've got absolutely no experience and they seem to be hanging their hat on my BA in psychology with a concentration in social work which I got over 23 years ago..... meanwhile my boss gave me a lecture today on ethics and how the ends do not justify the means.....and interesting conversation but this man needs to be teaching not practicing law. He needs willing students not employees held hostage.

I am thankful for the openness, honesty and willingness that have allowed me to live this new sober life.




4 comments:

Patricia Marie said...

You will do just fine. Follow your heart and you will find your soul.

Jenn said...

Kathy, you are not an idiot!! This job seems like a great opportunity for you to do what you have wanted to do for a long time. Everything will work out for the best.

Shadow said...

good luck with the interview! believe in yourself and the rest will follow.

Pammie said...

that does sound exciting! I wish I could come :(