Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Didn't Get the Job


Oh well....got the message yesterday...they are going in a different direction...yeah, like someone who knows what the heck their doing! LOL!! I guess it was just meant for me to go through the process not necessarily do THIS job. I learned alot about myself in the interview. I learned I really do want to work in the field of recovery...its more than just the pink cloud talking (and my cloud ain't so pink anymore, more like maroon)...but now I need to learn how. But, my resume is updated so I can use it when I need to....I am going to call them back to ask for suggestions on jobs I AM qualified for, more entry level stuff, and what higher education they they think I need. I'm sure they want someone with more time under their belt. I think the job description said at least 2 years of continuous sobriety was preferred. I have learned that I am going to have to figure out a way to continue to work with my current employer and NOT go crazy. Principles not personalities. Tough to do....


Funny, I hadn't heard from them and so in the five minutes I had at home this afternoon, I whipped off a Thank you for the interview letter and sent it before I could have second thoughts. And then when I got home later I had the message. Seems we were on the same wavelength. Thank you God.

7 comments:

Pammie said...

I'm hoping the PERFECT job comes along!
Congrats on your 11 months!
YOU ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenn said...

Oh shoot, I thought that job was your's. Well, at least you have your foot in the door, maybe something else will come along. Hope you have a good day. :o)

Syd said...

The job doing what you want to do will come along. Just keep applying for jobs and it will happen.

Anonymous said...

I know the right door will open for you when the time is right! Your resume is ready and you know the direction you are heading in!

Love,
Maura

Shadow said...

this was obviously not the right job or the right time. you will find the one that's meant for you, for sure!

Patricia Marie said...

When it is right, it will happen.

johno said...

keep on trying, its all practice, as I am told :)