Friday, February 13, 2009

Sherif of Sobertown

One of the guys at a meeting said he didn't want to be the sheriff of sobertown..It's been making me chuckle ever since...it's tough especially in early sobriety to take direction..and figure out who to take direction from..I think that's where he's at...The thing with AA is there is no sheriff but there are alot of folks who think they are..and it can rub ya the wrong way...

Anyway..I know I'll never be the Sherriff...I'm more like Aunt Bee.....

have a great weekend.

5 comments:

Syd said...

That is a good one. I keep thinking "Our leaders are but trusted servants. They do not govern."

steveroni said...

In my 7 AM meeting--abot 90 people--there sits a group of "old" men (older than ME, even!) who we call the "jury". Among them is one we call the "judge". When I write "we" I have no idea who that is, but I DO know, whenever I say the "jury" or "judge", EVERYONE knows who that is!

I'm glad I'm not there yet. Maybe my I.Q. is not high enough--I hope!

RipGurl said...

What a hoot! Thanks for the giggles.

Banana Girl said...

I love that too. Reminds me of MC's post where she and her daughter were in a restaurant, I think, and asked where they were from and she replied "Drunkville." I don't want to be the sheriff there either. I am more like One-bullet Barney. Thanks for the giggles and Happy Valentines Day!

One Prayer Girl said...

My reaction to people who want to play sheriff is getting better and better over time. (A work in progress.) I'm more tolerant of the defects of others as I have become more tolerant of my own.

I have no wish to ever be the sheriff myself. I only have a wish to get better and I ask God to help me with my own defects.