Friday, February 27, 2009

Gratitude

Rough week...time for gratitude....

I am grateful for...

a roof over my head

that the financial aid forms are done....thankfully....I think

for my daughter who still calls to check in

for my son who thinks I used to sew and "do all that stuff"...I have absolutely no memory

for my husband who does the dishes (sorry that's all I got this morning)

for our president..who sets big, hairy audacious goals....and gives me hope for the future

for my boss who allows flexibility

for all the creative people, artists, musicians, writers that have come into my life in sobriety and are teaching me so much....about expression and soul searching

for Scott who is going to send me something someday even though I was fifth, which is really really nice

for my stepsisters giving me more opportunities for service and friendship

for Unity on the River giving me more opportunities to increase my conscious contact

for Bonnie who said I always looked put together..(What!..that's what I always think of everyone else!)

for Tim and Richard who told me my marriage is normal (of course they don't know the whole story)

for the double mocchacinos at Cafe Di

that the new coffee shop finally opened up in my town

for Allyson's baby shower tomorrow

for my therapist who thinks a letter is pretty much the answer to everything..and is right

for the sun that is going to rise soon and give me a beautiful show to view from my kitchen window

for Mitch who always gives me something lasting to chuckle about

and finally for the program of Alcoholics Annonymous...

5 comments:

Banana Girl said...

I love gratitude lists. You sound so serene and real. This is good. It helps me remember. J.

Pammie said...

That's an excellent Friday morning list!

Shadow said...

well you sure have a lot of things to be grateful about. even i felt grateful just reading them, hee hee heeeee. have a good weekend girlie!

Syd said...

You were up early with a lot of gratitude this morning. Great list. It's a good day today here. Hope that it's the same there.

Judith said...

Excellent list. I am, as always, grateful to know you and get to read about your progress. I hope you have a good weekend and, um, enjoy those washed dishes.