Friday, February 6, 2009

Rebel Yell



My sponser is a musician and we went to see her perform with a new band she is in last night. They were great and reminded me how much I used to love this song. They didn't do it Billy Idol style...but a good song is a good song. And I loved their version. I really like when musicians mix up songs to match their style. Like Run DMC doing Walk this Way, or David Cook on American Idol last year..he won because he could take a song and completely convert it to his own....That's what this band did last night with a steel guitar, acoustic guitar, bass and cavone (i'm probably spelling that wrong but its a cool percussion instrument) and female lead singer. It was amazing. This is a newly formed band..when they make it big I'll post their video of Rebel Yell

The occasion was a birthday for the resteraunt owner. Very small little place and was packed to the gills with her friends. I don't think I would have gone if I did. We went to support my sponser. I know the lead singer as well because I'm a regular at her shop in town...she sells great stuff, perfect for gifts with a treat for myself now and then. Normally being in a room of strangers would have made me uncomfortable but I was strangely at home. There was a lot of drinking going on especially by the birthday girl...but it didn't bother me...I was really digging the music. Using words like digging is a new thing too. But it is seemingly coming naturally.

Change is good.

8 comments:

Shadow said...

'dipping' is good. and that song? excellent. bring back many GOOD memories... i hope you have a good weekend my dear kathy lynne

Syd said...

Great! Sounds like a good time. I like to listen to live music and when the musicians are talented, I really get into it.

molly said...

oh how fun! and yup - change is good.

Unknown said...

I use the word 'dig' all the time.."can you dig it?" I was born too late...LOL!

It sounds like a great evening and I am so grateful you went and had such a wonderful time...what a gift this program gives us...

"With a REBEL YELL..." I love Billy Idol!

steveroni said...

"Digging" the music???" Why, Kathy, I didn't realize you were of that generation -grin.

I remember in 1948, saying things like, "Hey man, I really dig your music" OR " I certainly dug your concert last night". LOL 1948
ONE-NINE-FORTY-EIGHT!!! "Dig it?"

(I had not a clue that word was back in vogue....)

Judith said...

I like the retro word dig too.

I think I would've dogged you night put also. Sounds groovy.

Michael said...

Makes me think back to them days in the nightclub when my crazy over the top antics would land me in all sorts of bother.
Its Billy Idol who sung Sweet Sixteen I was working a summer job then making pop badges

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

Fun stuff!!!