Thursday, March 20, 2008

Total Crap TV

Frankly, I'm a bit sick of all the self reflection. Between meetings, phone calls, writing, reading, therapy and all that comes with that, I get so I just don't want to think about me anymore. My sobriety, my spirituality, my past, my future, my motives, my honesty, blah, blah, blah. I know the program has us reaching out to other alcoholics but then what do I have to share but MY experience, strength and hope. There I am again. So sometimes a break is just necessary and I can get that from reality TV. Big Brother for example. My family cannot understand why I watch that show and they are right it is horrible full of horrible people. Total crap TV. Although as I have shared these thoughts at a meeting I've met other like me. Big Brother addicts. I don't think about myself when I am watching. I'm usually just gasping at the stupidity. I like that for a change. When my Mom was in ICU for those months my brother and I watched that show Joe Millionaire. Really, really bad. WE loved it. So I don't know what this says about me. Like I said, I'm tired of reflecting upon myself. Maybe I'm experiencing growing pains.

Doesn't mean I'm going to stop.

No way.

6 comments:

johno said...

I found there is a difference between enjoying watching tv, at home in comfort and going out having fun with other people... doing a pastime?hobby?interest?.. in fellowship. Me time.

I dont know what you do outside family and AA and work? If there anything else, thats not step 11?

Anonymous said...

I am on my third decade in sobriety talk about blah blah..I have creative hobbies now to save my sanity! I am on south shore Hell,I mean Hull Mass.
Never thought I would love crafts? Whats happened to me?Nice blog!

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

yeah you need to have fun and lighten up whichever way you can otherwise its too much! nothing wrong with that! Tibetan monks are always having a laugh. they just dont take themselves very seriously at all. but yeah its an easy trap to fall into if your'e not careful. usually I think we are just THINKING too much.
I love comedy every now and again as it teaches me to lighten up. I find the really ? spiritually advanced people are always great fun to be around. a real laugh. its only in aa we can get a bit bogged down and heavy with this stuff. but yeah its not easy to get the right balance. Takes a bit of practice!

Shadow said...

i imagine what you're feeling is part of the process. time to focus on other things too...

happy easter!!!

Pammie said...

Girl....I have a couple of "bad" TV show that I like for the very same reason. It's a way to get out of myself. No harm no foul.
Happy Easter darlin.

molly said...

i was scanning back through a book i absolutely love this morning - Eat, Pray, Love. Somewhere in there she says something like - god, i know it may be too much to ask for an unexamined LIFE but can I at least have an unexamined LUNCH?? Ahhhh yes.