Friday, November 23, 2007

Okay, I've been tagged, twice!

"7 x2 random facts you have learned in recovery"
rules
* link to the person’s blog who tagged you.
* post these rules on your blog.
* list seven random and/or weird facts you have learned in recovery.
* tag seven random [?] people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
* let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog

So I was tagged by shadow and Michael but I can't figure out the link thing so forget that. Anyway, here goes:

1. I have learned to have a grateful heart.
2. I have learned I have a disease and that my drinking was not a moral issue.
3. I have learned that just because I am changing does not mean the people around me are.
4. I have learned acceptance.
5. I have learned that staying in the day does not mean procrastination.
6. I have learned to pray.
7. I have learned that I am powerless.
8. I have learned to practice constant vigilance.
9. I have learned patience and tolerance.
10. I have learned that recovery is progress not perfection so although I am learning I am not always going to get it right.
11. I have learned that I cannot do this alone.
12. I have learned to call my sponser when I need her or even when I don't need her.
13. I have learned that to help another alcoholic is to help myself.
14. I have learned how to be completely honest with myself and others.

I think I have probably learned alot more but I'll stop here. If you have read this consider yourself tagged:)

6 comments:

Shadow said...

thanks for playing along. great list, sounds like you could have carried on there...

Pammie said...

very good list. Doesn't #3 just make you mad sometimes? I does me. Enjoy the end of your weekend.

Syd said...

Like your list. The people around me don't have to change the way I do or when I do. I am powerless over them. I also think that patience and tolerance are great things.

Redhead Gal said...

Good list! But I ducked on the tag...

Judith said...

I love your list. Way better than mine, but I am having an attitue problem, lol. I think I will copy yours.

XOXO,
Judith

Michael said...

Hi Kathy,
Yes I agree with your list sounds good to me as well, I already done by 7 things anyway and since I tagged you I guess Im excluded.
Yes in responce to what you said on my blog about that lady at AA I guess I am a bit of a teenager again, still its good fun too.
I love living now