Sunday, November 4, 2007

For Mickey: I am your Disease


I hate meetings...... I hate higher powers.....
I hate anyone who has a program.

To all of you who come in contact with me, I wish you death and suffering. Allow me to introduce myself.... I am the disease of addiction.

I am cunning, baffling and powerful. That is me.

I have killed millions and I am pleased. I love to catch you with the element of suprise, I love pretending that I am your friend or lover, I have given you comfort, haven't I.

Wasn't I there when you were lonely? When you wanted to die, didn't you call upon me? I was there.

I love to make you hurt. Better yet, I love to make you so numb you can neither hurt nor cry.

When you can feel nothing at all, that is true gratification!

And all I ask from you is long term suffering.
I've been there for you always. When things were going right in your life, you invited me.

You said you didn't deserve these good things and I was the only one who agreed with you.

Together we were able to destroy all the good things in your life.
People don't take me seriously.

They take heart disease, strokes and diabetes seriously, but not me. Such fools! Without my help, these things would not be possible.

I am such a hated disease, yet I do not come uninvited.

You CHOOSE to have me. So many have chosen me over reality and peace.

More than YOU hate me, I hate ALL OF YOU who have a 12 step program. Your program, your meetings, your Higher Power. All these things weaken me and I cannoy function in the manner I am accustomed to.

Now I sit here, quietly. When you live, I may only exist. But I am here....And until we meet again, I wish you death and suffering. Just wanted to keep in touch.

Regards, Your disease.
(author unknown)

I'm done allowing you to post on my blog dear Mickey. So comment moderation has been enabled. Peace be with you.

7 comments:

molly said...

I had to go to comment moderation too and I like it and hope you will too :) Off to yoga class! Or as my husband calls it - yogurt. lol

Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

Mary Christine said...

We gotta do what we gotta do to take care of ourselves.

Shadow said...

what you posted there is really good! so true!!!

Syd said...

Thanks for posting this. I've decided that Mickey is a nut case and not funny any longer. So I just delete what he says. He'll have to get his kicks by flogging himself wearing a hair shirt.

johno said...

What an interesting post... from the disease! Great post! thanks for reminding me just EXACTLY how the shit fairy used to constantly talk to me... yeh AA works for me, and she returns pretty fast and dances all over me when I am not spritually fit or just full up on life! I have NO complaints, just a few challenges nowadays LOL

Do what makes you feel comfortable and is not destructive to yourself or others.

I WILL be with you at your next homegroup...in the fellowship of the spirit.

Judith said...

Great post. I have the same problem. Irksome.

Namenlosen Trinker said...

You have a much kinder attitude than I wound up with. Though to put it in perspective, on my other blog (the non-anonymous, non-recovery one), some asshole posted hundreds of SPAM comments that I had to delete one by one by one. Sigh!