Friday, November 2, 2007

Blessings


Well we went to Court. The lawyer is good and will do what he can. Good case scenario is that it will get continued without a finding, (first offense, good kid, community service, stay out of trouble, I'd add apology to the victim). Worst case, this gets publicized (small town where teenagers are often made expamples of good police work) and the judge has public pressure.
I can't believe that I am feeling so blessed. I'm disappointed and disgusted with my son and his friends but I honestly feel this is a good thing. I think God did this. I pray for my children and I think that my son needed this kick in the butt. He is a smart kid but like me he has to learn things the hard way. But now with no cell phone, no car, no outside life besides school, work, sports, with expectations that he carry his weight around the house and no rights to talk back and the like, I think he is going to come down a few notches and we are going to get closer as a family. We've already got a few fence post holes dug, a clean bedroom and he even picked up the house! (We haven't progressed to dishes but there's always tomorrow!) His ass is mine!!
Best of all, he was not drinking. To me that is "normal" 17 yr old behavior. Even better, I was not drinking and haven't. I got to go to the noontime meeting yesterday. I was headed to work after court and thought that is where I needed to be. Its a good meeting. Sorry I can't get there on a regular basis. I was able to share what was going on and able to talk to a few people after the meeting. This program is really doing it for me. It's all good.

11 comments:

Michael said...

I think I am too soft on Luke sometimes, his mum is a lot harder than I am, I guess with just seeing him at weekends I feel more like a friend than a dad.
Sounds like what you did was the way to go though, I still got tons to learn on using discipline, his mum says I let him get away with too much.

Syd said...

It all sounds good. Glad that he is in boot camp and you are the Sargent. And glad that you made the meeting.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
johno said...

yeh it really does for us what we could nt do for ourselves. Take care :)

Shadow said...

i'm glad all worked out well. and that you are okay!

Judith said...

Isn't it great that when we feel like we are on the right track, that we can be more calm about getting our kids on the right track to? I guess there is something about setting the right example...

My little troublemaking guy is doing homework on a Saturday without complaining ;)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.