Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Thank you Mr. Comment-a-roni...

Reading the blogs here is how my "journey to recovery" started actually. I didn't have the nerve to make comments then...and I find I am commenting less now as I pack more into the stream of life...but I am still here, still sober, still reading. And though I may not always comment, I do when I think I can help or comfort. And add my 2 cents or question to flesh out this miraculous program we have. This God given new life. And I read and am inspired, by all on my bloglist as well as those of you who aren't and I just visit now and again through your friend, let it be said. And I carry this fellowship with me wherever I go. I am blessed for this opportunity to carry the message.

Inspired by Mr. a-Roni's blog, I went back and looked at my first 2 weeks...I started posting on Day 2 after spending Day 1 reading Red Headed Gal's blog....and Scout (does she know how much she helped me?) was my first welcome...and she was also my first challenge...."are you even going to meetings?", she asked I think on Day 4...no I wasn't but that comment resonated in my head until I finally did "try" a meeting on Day 13...the encouraging comments and suggestions in the first 2 weeks from Irish Friend of Bill, johno, shadow, Judith and Kenny were comforting and helped me ease into this program, helped me to understand and want a program of recovery, one in which I did not have to rely on myself. I couldn't rely on myself. I was very unreliable. And they led me to the rest of you who I continue to rely on, on a daily basis. So thank you. And now I think I'll go over to Top 100 Sober Blogs which is apparently over 200 now, and see if I can find someone in their first 2 weeks.

4 comments:

Shadow said...

it's kinda nice to look back, see where we were, on a specific day, the thoughts and stuff...

Syd said...

I'm glad that you went back and remembered your origin as well as those who aren't around anymore. I miss Scout, Johno, and Meg. Good idea to find someone who has just started blogging and help them along. Great service work.

Judith said...

You've some so far, baby!

I miss Scout. I hope she's well. She was a big part of my recovery too. I wish she knew how much she's meant to so many of us.

Carol said...

There's a lot of truth in Mary Christine's blog, our journies are not pretty. See you on the 11th.