Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Step Sisters

My Tuesday night group is known as the stepsisters. Every single one of those women is a gift that I have received in sobriety. They are truly sisters in the deepest sense of that word. I really love them and they have helped me to learn to express that love. Something that has not been easy for me to do. I can feel it, write it, act it but to say it is like Fonzie trying to say he was s..s....s..orry..if you remember Happy Days. It's different now. And these women helped me, are helping me to get there. I am very blessed to have them in my life.

4 comments:

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

Sounds like a great group of friends, with a lot of healing power.

One Prayer Girl said...

I love my Saturday noon women's meeting. I attend and appreciate all kinds of meetings, but the women's meeting is special.

Women understand women.

Oh yes, I remember Fonzie.....

PG

Banana Girl said...

Oh I so understand the inability to connect with the sisters prior to sobriety. That insane paranoia of distrust and isloation being lifted is such a great gift. Bless you for pointing this out to me on a day when for odd reasons I have yet to understand want to just be left alone. Think I need to either get some down time or reconnect with full gusto. I think the latter will be my choice because of what you wrote. LU J.

Anonymous said...

i love st francis prayer. sarah mcclachen...

thanks again for giving it to us on your blog. i am grateful its sooo beautiful

johno
xx