Monday, May 4, 2009

More Answers


So I make the coffee on Monday mornings. I may have written about this before. I have to get there no later than 6 am to ensure that the coffee is ready in time...should really get there before six so it can be ready by 630 for the early arrivers. Every other day we make it post meeting and set a timer but we can't for Monday because of church. For the third or fourth time there was not enough coffee. We have someone who buys supplies and she keeps it in her car but because our group meets 6 mornings a week it is a tough job to stay on top of. I know because I've done it. The Saturday chairperson should really check before he leaves to ensure supplies are there for the Monday. I meant to request this at the business meeting but as you know I was occupied with another "problem". Anyway, I was moaning and groaning about it after the meeting. Everyone had done me wrong. Had to send someone out, and wait for them to return, to make the coffee for tomorrow. As I was focusing on the problem and it was getting larger...developing a resentment against the Sat. Chairperson, someone suggested that I put a can in my car so that in the event there is not enough coffee for Mondays or to leave for Tuesday..I've got it. Brilliant!
Someday I pray that these simple solutions that do not involve resentment, anger, frustration, fear, or just simple annoyance will become second nature to me. But until then, I will depend upon my fellowship to show me the way.

6 comments:

steveroni said...

When the student is ready (re: "had enough"!) the answer will appear!!

Beautiful.

"occupied with another problem." Care to divulge his name? -grin!
Sorry, the devil mad me write that!

Unknown said...

What a great post...I adore you and the coffee in the car is brilliant...:-)

molly said...

seems one thing to feel the anger/resentment etc. then quite another to put a judgment on top of it - like 'bad' or 'wrong'.. i have a tendency to think it is wrong or bad to have any negative emotion, ie. 'there's something wrong with me'. And that concept is more painful than the original pain (if that makes any sense i'd be SOOO surprised!)

One day I think we get to a point where we simply identify the feeling as whatever IT is ("I have anger but I am not my anger") and not make any deal of it whatsoever. Just let it BE there and watch it. THEN we get free. ??? But the same mind that created the emotion in the first place can't 'fix' it as such - doesn't work.

Awareness! Watching. is what I HEAR works but I haven't quite sorted it all out yet. haha. still working on it. :)

love ya

Shadow said...

oh the little things that can become so big...

Carol said...

Simple answers, ain't it wonderful. I'm so grateful I don't have to figure it all out on my own.

An example, it's starting to rain as we get home, I try to close the back window but the electric connection has been iffy. I'm starting to panic, then my son reaches for the control on the door itself. Window goes up like a charm. We all need each other!

One Prayer Girl said...

When I am disturbed, it is often best to get an opinion or idea from a source outside of my own mind. So often, when upset, the simple answer eludes me.

Love,
Prayer Girl