Friday, October 10, 2008

Life is Good




The weather around here is gorgeous. Just a beautiful New England autumn day. Sunny, warm but not hot, cool evenings but not cold.


My boss is away today so I can get some things done (in between blogging).



Tonight one of my girlfriends is having a burn so we'll sit around the fire and chat. These are my book club gals. They changed our monthly meeting date so I can still go. I was going to have to drop out because of my AWOL but they changed the day. That is just so nice. I think they just want me for the numbers. We are a politically mixed group and apparantly the conversation got a bit heated surrounding Sarah Palin. I'm not sure if they want me back to mediate or add to the liberal numbers.


My sponsee is coming home today. I know she wants me to take her to a meeting tonight but I'm going to stick with my plans. I don't want her to get too dependent on me and I can see that happening. I thought I would listen to the Joe and Charlie tapes with her to help us discuss the steps. I learned so much from those guys.



Tomorrow I am looking forward to catching up on my paperwork at home with all the windows open. Then I'll have my meditation meeting, then Centering Prayer workshop and then a group of us are heading into Boston to see Carrie Fischer's one woman show "Wishful Drinking". We'll grab a bit to eat too. Sounds fun, doesn't it?


Then the rest of the weekend just holds promise...beautiful weather, maybe some kayaking, maybe some yardwork, maybe just simply sittin' on my porch with a good book. We'll see. It's grand to be sober and have choices again.

9 comments:

Syd said...

New England in the fall is heaven. It sounds like you have a great weekend ahead. Enjoy it.

Recovery Road London said...

All those autumnal colours. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful weather here too. I am glad you did not change your plans due to sponsee getting out, that really shows a lot of growth. God will watch over her. Think I will have a burn tonight too!

One Prayer Girl said...

What a delightful description of the weather and your plans. Sounds perfect to me.

You're right, being sober and having choices is the way to go.

Have a great time.

Mary Christine said...

I would love to run down that road. I can almost smell those leaves!

steveroni said...

I'm betting on the good book-porch idea...

Shadow said...

you sound like you're in a little piece of heaven...

Molls said...

You sound good and I'm happy to hear it. We've had some amazing weather, haven't we? I'm going to VT this weekend for even more foliage. But it's just as nice here too. Enjoy!

Patricia Marie said...

The weather is wonderful here in Philadelphia too.