Sunday, February 3, 2008

GO PATS!!

Today is the Super Bowl. We are getting together with another couple as we do every year to watch. This year is special because our team is in it. They have not only the opportunity to win the game but to go undefeated as well. It shall be fun. This used to be a big drinking occasion for me. When we'd get to their house my friend's husband would usually have some special drink to start with, a margarita, martini or some other concotion. Of course I would have started earlier at home. I always had to be lit before I even got somewhere. Once we finished with the "special" drinks, I would move to wine and he would move to beer. Although I think I enjoyed shots of tequila last year. We were the drinkers. Needless to say I always ended up wasted. Curled up on the couch. Dozing (passing out) during the game. My husband and my best friend do not really drink. So this year my friends husband will be all alone in his revelry. My husband will have a few beers but that'll be it. Anyway, we've got great food planned. I'm bringing marinated steak tips, ceaser salad and brownies. They are going to have wings, ribs, and other football eating food along with the rest of the fixins for brownie sundaes. I'll be armed with my diet coke and tea. Lets' all say a prayer for the New England Patriots.

And even if you don't like football or the Patriots there is a reason to watch girls, well and some boys:)! You may catch a glimpse of my beloved Tom Brady!! He's worth the price of admission alone. I used to think he was a dog because he got his girlfriend pregnant and didn't go back to her. But I decided that she finagled the whole thing and he is doing the honorable thing. I like it better that way. My brother has actually met him as he is an editor for a famous sports magazine. He says he's a nice, humble guy and I like that.


Anyway, thanks for the great advice about my "resentment". I talked to my sponser about it yesterday. She said to pray for her. Ask God to bless and love her and then I will be able to let it go. She also felt that it would be okay to leave the group and that wouldn't be a sign that I was harboring the resentment. The group has gone in a different direction anyway, so I will use that as an excuse but I may tell one person what happened so that should the group get together without this person I can still pop in to see everyone. Just wouldn't be comfortable otherwise.


Have a great Sunday everyone.

GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

molly said...

i love football.. great reason to lay around for a long period of time, doing nothing and not feel GUILTY about it. VERY KEWL!