Tuesday, January 29, 2008

One of those Mornings

I stayed up way too late last night watching TV.

Took a few extra minutes to sleep which didn't allow me time for my morning routine. I said my prayers but I didn't pray, if you know what I mean. Didn't get to read through the blogs, etc. etc. blah, blah, blah. Got ready for work and my morning meeting and was trying to get out the door when Last Minute Charlie (a/k/a my son) declares that he needs a check for $50 to the school cause he lost his warmup pants. Okay, first, how'd he lose his pants. It's not his fault of course, it must be something I did. What!!!!???? $50 is a lot of money. No it isn't. Where did you learn that? Maybe you should pay for it. But you're going to be a nice Mom and pay for it. Okay, I don't have time for this, where is my checkbook. I just had it. I picked it up from the desk to put in my purse. But its not in my purse. I look 10 times. It is not there. I must have put it on some surface as I was walking to my purse (when I was so RUDELY interrupted). Bill, (a/k/a husband)! Help me find my checkbook pleassssssse! He starts to look through my purse. IT'S NOT THERE! He wanders around the house. No help at all. I finally come across it on the endtable. Okay, write the check. Now I have to take my husband's truck because he is traveling and needs the Prius to save gas. Okay. Climb into the damn truck. Get stuck in the snow. Why is it that my little Prius can plow through the snow and the big bad truck can't? I don't get it. Traction, my husband says. Well, I'm in the truck, as the wheels are spinning, screaming and pounding my fists "F*CK, F*CK, F*CK! So loud that I have hurt my throat. Get out of the truck, move my son's car so I can get more TRACTION. Still stuck. Move the car some more, husband gets truck out of snow. Peel out of driveway while husband sweetly says Have a nice day. aaaarrrrrgggghhhh!
Now I am talking to myself on the way to the meeting, like a raving idiot. What the heck is wrong with me? Oh I know. H.A.L.T. Didn't eat breakfast, I'm hungry. I'm definately Angry. I'm not lonely anymore cause I picked up a friend to go the meeting. AND I AM TIRED!!! Big suprise! Share at the meeting. Get some laughs. Shock a few people with my language. Fun! And I feel much better. Talk after the meeting not about my morning, but some real troubles that others are having. I will take a nap this afternoon , do my centering prayer and life will be better.
I learned all of this in AA. Thank GOD!

4 comments:

Pammie said...

GOOD for you...going thru the whole process, coming up with the correct action, and finding the humor in it all.
I think you're GROWING ;)

molly said...

well honey - if it helps - you helped me.. i was having a moment of "everyone else seems to have it all together but me" day.. but reality check! others aren't waking up to PERFECT days either! DUH! So thanks for sharing that. I'm in a bit of a pity party for some reason today.. hopefully I'll snap out of it and post soon. Nice to "see" ya and thanks for sharing your day - the good and bad!

love ya :)

johno said...

LOL yep its true, theres praying and saying a prayer, they are different. Glad you didnt kill anyone today!!

Recovery Road London said...

Aargh! indeedy!