Saturday, March 7, 2009

Where has the Time Gone?

Wow...it's been awhile. I am doing a lot of writing lateley but not here. My therapist is a big believer in letters. So I've been writing those. To my husband, to cigarettes, to Terry,...and I'm sure there will be more. And then of course there is my fourth step..I've begun to write the resentments but this Big Book Step Study is pretty particular. I mean like, you've got to use a 5 subject notebook and black pen particular. And then, each page of my writing has to look like the example in the Big Book. So how I'm going to do that I don't know..I have more than a page worth for some people and it sounds like they want me to break it up so that I have 3 people per page. I've got to clarify that one. This stuff probably makes people balk. I don't really care. It's getting me to write a bit more. So that's good.

My computer is down..and of course nothing is backed up. I am using my husband's work laptop right now. Not sure I should be on blogger but it didn't block me. But I haven't wanted to abuse the privilege.

This is my last weekend home for the month. Next weekend a group of us go to the Wilson House in Vermont for a workshop on Sermon on the Mount. The following weekend my son is in a soccer tournament in western MA so we will go there. And the last weekend I take a retreat with Thomas Keating on Centering Prayer. So today I will try to get a month's worth of work done or at least set up.

My daughter is leaving today for an alternative Spring Break in Horse Cave, Kentucky. She just realized there are spiders in caves and is now completely freaked out.

My son has gotten into 6 of the 7 schools he applied to..and we're still waiting to hear from the seventh. Now its decision time which means visiting the schools and praying for money.

I shared the movie ONE with one of my book groups. It was not a good venue. Too much talking and not enough listening. They all think they are already very enlightened. One woman started asking what time it was and how long the movie was about 10 minutes in. It's okay. Doing it again with my other book group..I'll be better prepared this time.

Watched part of the movie Religulous last night before my cable box zapped. Personally, I think Bill Maher's questions are legitimate and in the movie he is often the only one making sense. The problem with Bill Maher and the movie is that he's not asking the questions to the right people. But then again for his movie and his premise he is. He asks them to people who will give him provocative answers and answers that confirm the igulous point he is trying to make. Let's see him go to Thomas Keating, Thich Nhat Hahn, Richard Rohr, etc. with these questions. The interviews he had with I think it was Father Coyle and another Vatican priest were right on. Watching that back to back with ONE was intersting.

Looking forward to a warm spring like weekend wathcing the snow melt. Spring forward tonight..yay! I like the hibernation aspect of winter..but it seems like around this time every year..it can't come soon enough.

I'll be around....

5 comments:

Shadow said...

wow, busy you have been, but your life sounds good. no, great! happy unhiberation to you guys, i'm ready to settle in with my stack of nuts....

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

The BB group sounds very very regimented... want to do it JUST LIKE THE BOOK SAYS, NO DEVIATION... we got it down in "black" and white, this is what it said...

I love that some people get that excited about the book, because it works...

I've (thank God) learned that it doesn't work because of the black pens or the regimented rituals, but because of the willingness to follow instead of take the lead, and the willingness to seek God for all questions to get His perspective for all answers.

It's great to belong to many different groups. They each add to my character and my experience and understanding in such special ways.

Thanks for reminding me.

RipGurl said...

Spring is in the air! Yeah!

I have been wanting to see Religulous, but have yet to get to it. Perhaps tonight. I will most likely agree that he is begging the question of those that will sycophantically answer him.

Unknown said...

Great post! Sounds like life is going well aqnd you are doing well in and with life. I have to watch the Maher movie. I like the idea that you have with the people he needed to talk too. glad to see you post and as usual am so gllad you're a part of the blogosphere.

Banana Girl said...

I have some pdf. files for the fourth step if you want to use them instead of trying to make those columns and covering the BB example. Send me an e-mail and I will get them to you.
Thanks for writing again. You sound wonderful....J.