Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Road Trip


Has it really been a week since I posted? I've had to make some adjustments in my schedule just to maintain my sanity...skipping a few morning meetings, less blogtime, etc. I'm sane but I miss my blogging so I'm here. I won't try to sum up a week in one post but there was a lot going on. The mood switched that very evening Thank God. All it took was doing something for someone else. Imagine that! I checked out a cottage for a friend who lives in Hawaii. She's comiing back in April and is looking for a place to stay. Snowbirds we call them. Then I did a committment at a sober house. Between doing service and a favor the bad feelings disappeared. Funny how that works. Just as the full moon and stepping foot onto a property full of women caused my period to appear that I haven't seen since December 1st. Think that had anything to do with things?

I went to Wilson House (the birthplace of Bill W.) this weekend for a seminar on Sermon on the Mount. What a cool place nestled into the hills of Vermont. It's a Inn and they have a meeting room in the back and served meals family style. And you did feel as though you were a member of the family. Very comfortable, with cool memorabilia around. Went to the gravesite as well which is up the road apiece. I got very overwhelmed with emotion there. Just the bigness of it all. People leave things at Bill W.'s grave, particularly medallions and the tradition is that you can take on if you leave one. My friend has her 4th coming up next month so she left her 3rd and took the fourth. I"m holding it for her. Another person there took her third so that she could tell the person she was giving it to that she had met the person. We are all connected.

We stayed in a cottage at the motel across the street. 7 women in a cabin meant for no more that 4. Need I say more?

5 comments:

molly said...

not that it matters BUT i love cottages of any kind. just the WORD cottage sounds so, i don't know - sweet or something. well, ya know - whatever.

lots of breathing on a 7 women trip my dear.. lootttts of deep breaths. hehe have fun!

steveroni said...

If it were 7 men, I would have slept outside. Well, maybe not in Vermont during March--or ANY month!

Glad to see you're back--now, turn around...bad attempt at humor....

Fireman John said...

wow, 7 women in a cabin and no
fatalities...i would consider that a success!

Judith said...

What a cool experience. I'm so glad you went (and without killing anyone ;) )

Syd said...

That's great about the medallion swap. Very cool indeed.