Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Just not in the Mood


I think I must be burning the candle at both ends because little things are beginning to bother me, things that I can normally roll with or that I don't usually even care about suddenly are affecting my mood.

Physically, my whole body is achy..my boobs are killing me...and I have a headache.

Noone bothered to buy coffee at the morning meeting for yesterday. Leaving it to me. Like they always seem to do. I really do not wish to be the go to person so I'm just not going this morning..(yes, I bought the coffee).

I'm just tired of people who cannot be bothered to say Good Morning back to someone. Go sit it the effing corner with your chair turned to the wall. I don't give a sh*t if you're not a people person or even if you don't like me personally..common courtesy would be nice though. And put the effing blackberry away during the meeting or again, go sit in the corner. And by the way, there is something to be said for the spirit of rotation...if you've been doing a job for more than a year...isn't it time to share the position? And if not, then do the effing job and if there is no coffee after your shift..go get some!

We have 2 alarm clocks in our bedroom. My husband only bothered to change one...the one he uses. I didn't even look at the clock assuming he had changed both when he called downstairs for the time. Thus I woke up late yesterday..throwing my whole day off. I know my alarm clock is my responsibility but really, if you were changing a clock in a room and there were 2, would you deliberately change only one? Just pretty much epitomizes our relationship.

As I sit here typing out my gripes, I find it ironic that one of them is when you are in a group of particularly alcoholics some people like to play top this...my problems are oh so much worse than yours. How about we all just keep our problems to ourselves??

Angry, lonely gay women should not make judgements on a heterosexual's long term marriage or husband. And for that matter, keep the sexual comments, catcalling of other women to yourself when you are with a group of heterosexual women. It's offensive. I wouldn't tolerate it from a man..why am I tolerating it from you.

I am not going to be the organizer of a group of women again...I don't mind doing things in or as a group but the organizer...not gonna happen. It's like herding cats.

My boss doesn't come in until around 10:00 or 10:30, leaves again at noon or earlier...is gone until 1:45 (fifteen minutes before I leave) and then talks about how busy he is...and wants to do an entire day's work in the 15 minutes before I leave. If you want to get work done while your employee is in the office then be in the office when your employee is there. That said, it is soooo much better when he is not.

It's friggin' cold and snowing. I'm sick of cold and snow. And I don't like daylight savings time. I like a bright morning and I don't mind if it gets dark at 6pm....

Or maybe its just that I haven't smoked in a week.

Whatever, I'm not going to drink over it.

14 comments:

Shadow said...

it's the darn moon again... hugs honey. i hear sooo many things here that so too annoy me. and water off a ducks back they say. well, i'm not a duck!!!!! hope your world falls in line with you soon, heee heee heee

GoldenGal said...

Good job Kathy! You can do this. It'll be 3 years for me in April. It's wicked but you go girl! I used an awesome support site called quitnet.com It really, really helped. Keep us posted on how it's going!
Hugs,
Alice

Pammie said...

That was WONDERFUL!
I'm sorry, but I loved all those genuine feelings coming out!
My husband did the same damn thing oh by the way.

Anonymous said...

Get some rest and I hope you feel better soon sweetie.

Hugs

Mary

molly said...

sounds like overwhelm, frustration, fed upness, overit-ness, etc. yup - been there, done that. not a 'bad' place really.

this past weekend at the retreat i went to, we speak from these different voices inside of us and your post reminded me of it.

one of the voices is 'the one who really really has to care'. and the person would identify themselves as that "I am the person who really really HAS to care" and ask the voice what it's job is, what it brings to your life, the payoffs, costs etc. BUT the more FUN voice was the opposite of 'I AM THE ONE WHO DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT'. And sit in that voice for a while. owning both 'voices' and transcending them was the goal :) Because it is OKAY to care but remain detached. THAT is the place where you can be of real action.

so, yeah. i'm speaking through all the 'voices' in my head. sounds fun right?! hehe.

love ya honey. really though - all this sounds like someone who just quit smoking! and that will pass very shortly :)

Syd said...

I like the term herding cats. I've been there and done that. And the cats howl. It's not pretty. Hang in there.

Wait. What? said...

feel better - the whole clock thing in the bedroom - just been there as well - the good moring cranky pants who refuse to talk yet glare at you like your some alien talking at that hour - again today - hopefully it passes with the end of winter!

Judith said...

You probably are pushing yourself too hard. Take a few minutes (hours) and rest and do something nice for yourself. Take a breather.

It doesn't make you a bad person for people to get on your nerves once in awhile. Saints are so damn boring.

RipGurl said...

It sounds like March Madness Kathy Lynn. This time of year is like finishing the last mile. I hope that the air starts to smell sweet soon. Everything seems to melt away when spring is in the air.
Hugs,
Chris

Banana Girl said...

WOW: your gripe plate is full and I truly understand. I think the moon, DST, the winter doldrum, that last punch till spring, the longing for warmth and sunshine....it makes me a wreck too. Thank you for sharing this. I could have written most of it. Know you are not alone and the good news is you didn't drink over it. Amazing...

Unknown said...

I love, love, love this post, it is so real and it so calls to me, I understand...completely...there is so much I relate to and I also have had my boobs ache lately and my legs swell, that's the moon! UGH!

Well not that it's great or anything, but I send you my love!!!

Hugs
G

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your rant this morning. Hope you feel better!

Banana Girl said...

Dahlin....where are you? OK I hope. I keep waiting for the next post....Hang in, life is still good. J.

Redhead Gal said...

Hi Kathy Lynne:

I checked my blog which I've ignored for over a year and saw you posted that you had one year! Congratulations! I have not read your posts here yet but I will try to catch up with you.