Sunday, June 13, 2010

Busy as a Bee

My friend is coming for a visit next weekend. She's the one I was supposed to go to London with last September who broke up with her boyfriend of 10 years just before. At the time I was full of worry about the lost deposit on the trip and she was full of worry about whether she was doing the right thing. It's amazing how more and more examples of what stepping aside and letting go and letting things happen as they may....usually and almost always work out better than anything we could have planned. A New Employer as they say. So instead of what we had originally planned, I went on this fantastic trip with my family and she's getting married in September to a wonderful man. Unfortunately, she had to move to Indiana but she's coming back for a visit with her Stepsisters and to make wedding arrangements and staying with me. I'm going to have an open house Saturday night for our Tuesday night group where we can present her with her 5 year medallion that she missed while away.

Needless to say, I'm trying to get ready for that. For some of us, living in a two story house can be dangerous. I can keep the downstairs relatively orderly and clean...but how do we do that...we shove everything upstairs! My daughter's room has been in a state of flux since she went away to college..as I try to turn it into an office/guest room. Well now its done! YAY! And my closets are cleaned and the bathroom is decorated. It makes me happy. Sadly, even with the sign "USE ME" on the hamper, my son will continue to throw his clothes on the bathroom floor, LOL! I told him to take a look at the two other bedrooms so he can absorb what a clean room looks like. I have to take responsibility that he was not taught this so I can't have any expectations from him.


Doing these mundane chores used to be the perfect drinking occasion for me. And they'd never get done, big suprise. Instead, I enjoyed the England v. USA match as I organized and was so happy USA did not lose. While we were in England we were able to catch the Premier League championship game that Chelsea (my son's favorite team) won so I do have an affinity to certain English players but I'm USA all the way. Will watch Serbia play this morning..I'd love to be there, my brother is as he has his dream job where he gets to watch and talk about soccer and get paid for it. So I am enjoying following his journey.

Back to work!

3 comments:

Carol said...

Sounds good!

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

wow yes you are busy! Guests are always pretty hard work in that there is a lot of sorting out and cleaning up to do, unless you happen to be one of those lucky people who employ cleaners on a regular basis to do the home.
I find it quite draining having guests. they seem to show up a little speedy and frazzled but by the end of their visit they are much more chilled out and mellow, whereas I am knackered :)
I've got 2 crazy busy weeks left, so trying to squeeze every last ounce of energy out of the toothpaste tube. thank god for green drinks, that's all I can say :)
wish me luck next Wednesday and Friday. (!) and hope you have a great time with your guest. :)

Syd said...

I like the quote that fish and guests smell after 3 days. Very true. I don't do well with having to endlessly entertain. Need my solitude I guess.