Friday, July 17, 2009

Shining, Streaming, Gleaming, Flaxen, Waxen
























Heading out for the weekend. Get to pick up my daughter at a friend's she's visiting in CT and then head to NYC to see the Broadway musical Hair. I am very grateful that my daughter wants to spend time with me and that we share a love of Broadway musicals. I have a particular fondness for the music of Hair as it was my very first album that I got for Christmas of my fourth grade year with my very first stereo. I listened to the album over and over. But I've never seen the show. Movie, yes, but not the show. I gave her these tickets for Christmas and for Mother's Day she invited me to the show instead of a friend. Not sure that would have happened if I was still drinking.

While in NYC we will dog sit for my nephew dog, Rooney, while my brother's family is on vacation. And we get a free place to stay. I know where the meetings are and my daughter and I will get to play city girls. Walking dogs, getting pedicures, seeing the show.

Then we will return home via Boston and see the musical RENT. Both of us are huge Rentheads and this show features the 2 actors who originated the main charachters of Roger and Mark.

No Day Like Today!

6 comments:

One Prayer Girl said...

This sounds so very fabulous, fabulous, fabulous.

My daughter and I went to Washington, D.C. about 6 years ago to visit her our brother/son and while there we took the train up to N.Y.C. We got tickets for "The Producers" while there and just loved it.

Have a great time. What a blessing.
PG

Carol said...

Sounds fab!

steveroni said...

Some people just KNOW how to live--and you certainly are one of them

Anonymous said...

WOW! You go girl!

Mary Christine said...

Hope you had fun!

Syd said...

It sounds like a great time. I remember seeing Hair when I was a kid. I don't think that I understood much except the music was great.